What happens when mind melds are real?

[Read the post]

1 Like

We all stop being such huge assholes to each other?
(Yeah, I know. Fat chance)

2 Likes

A rat king?

2 Likes

The image in the article is Spock using the Vulcan Death Grip, not the Vulcan Mind Meld!

Editors, please address this egregious error immediately.

1 Like

can’t wait for the first massive false memory implantation via a biodigital pandemic virus

1 Like

TFTFY

4 Likes

ok, now I’m scared. Where am I ? Who are you ?

2 Likes

Aren’t we the same?

I’ve read some of Sony’s patents of the type mentioned here. They’re such hilarious bullshit. They amount to, “Some day, some technology will exist that allows direct manipulation of the brain. Our idea is to use it for games.” Pure patent trolling, although it would get tossed pretty fast given all the prior art that must exist.

1 Like
Mr. McGuire: I want to say one thing to you. Just one thing.
Benjamin: Yes, sir.
Mr. McGuire: Are you listening?
Benjamin: Yes, I am.
Mr. McGuire: Tin foil hats.
Benjamin: Exactly how do you mean?
Mr. McGuire: There's a great future in tin foil hats. Think about it. Will you think about it? 

================

I’m investing!

2 Likes

It’s called Faux News. (And all the other media to lesser degrees.)

See various surveys how afficionados of different TV stations remember the same history.

Embarrassment and horror.

I don’t want to know everything that goes though my spouse’s and friends’ minds unfiltered. I also don’t need them knowing everything I’ve ever thought.

What makes me myself is being able to filter every stupid-ass thought programmed into myself by society and the systems that pervade it.

1 Like

Well…since the 4th Amendment allows us to be secure in our persons, houses, papers and effects, I have to believe that mind reading would be perfectly constitutional, provided it could be carried out at some distance.

The same as what? As each other? Or something else?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.