When moderators attack

[Read the post]

3 Likes

I think you mean “naturally super”

6 Likes

I always knew you were a good egg…I mean Banana.

4 Likes

You always have to thank the people who do the dirty work. I get to roll my eyes and click a flag button and think of it no more.

6 Likes

At least you have strong eye muscles as a result.

6 Likes

Um…

BIAS! I COME HERE FOR JOURNALISM. I AM DISAPPOINTED AND SHOCKED. SHOCKED I SAY, THAT A VENERABLE SITE SUCH AS BOING BOING WOULD STOOP TO SUCH LOWS WITH THIS TAWDRY ATTACK PIECE!

WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN, I ASK YOU?

6 Likes

9 Likes

I shudder to think about the think-pieces when people discover all the criminals using twitter and facebook for their enterprises.

You can ban white supermacists from reddit, they will just switch to 8chan. Internet forums were never mainstream, and always ran on the whims of mods and admins. why would that change now that more people are online? Most of this, including BoingBoing, was the product of freaks, geeks, outcasts and degenerates. It’s not shocking that some of them are insane.

3 Likes

I was always surprised to see large for-profit sites using volunteer moderation after Compuserve lost the lawsuit brought by its moderators, in the90s.

3 Likes

OMG! I had forgotten about “Ask Falcor”!!!

Also, Adrian Chen writes for the New York Times now? He’s moving on up in the world, ain’t he…

2 Likes

Pay people to do useful work? You’re mad! Seriously, I know it’s not great for the bottom line, but sometimes, you actually have to hire people.

Sidenote: I just realized that nuclear reactors and internet forums both require good moderators to function properly. Insert pun here.

5 Likes

There is no mainstream.

Is @Falcor made of graphite?

2 Likes

The image attached to that post…has always creeped me out for reasons I do not find entirely clear.

I was thinking heavy water, but he won’t consent to be weighed.

1 Like

[quote=""]
The image attached to that post…has always creeped me out for reasons I do not find entirely clear.[/quote]

Falcor + suggestion of humanoid sexuality + your grandmother’s suit.

You’re welcome.

4 Likes

You forgot the smile. That godamned smile on his face!

This is something that has always amazed me as well.

I thought AMA shut themselves down to adjust to the transition. It was everyone else shutting down that was the protest.

You can’t make a pancake without peeling a few bananas!