While defending Confederate flag, South Carolina legislator goes off on crazy anti-rainbows rant

[Read the post]

2 Likes

No murder has ever led to the murderer’s parents changing their mind on the sinfulness of murder. Wait … could God himself be intervening here - making these guys have a gay child like Dick Cheney? I think that’s what’s going on!

I am a native South Carolinian. I’ve been a person of faith for over 30 years. I have a Master of Divinity degree from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Without reservation, I’d just like to say that this guy is incredibly ignorant and an embarrassment to both our state and to Christianity.

28 Likes

The level of wrongness in his “speech” is so staggering that there’s no way to even respond. It’s like a fractal of wrong where as a whole and in each detail it’s wrong while expanding exponentially into infinite parallel universes of wrong.

13 Likes

#anti-rainbow = GOP-TeaBagger

2 Likes

Abomination colors my ass!

The Covenant of the Rainbow, Gensis 9:12-14
…12God said, "This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all successive generations; 13I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth. 14"It shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow will be seen in the cloud,…

If that ain’t an endorsement for same sex marriage, I don’t what is.

15 Likes

Reminds me of this photo that has been floating around for the past week:

Brazil, June 26th 2015 - Public debate between one of the country’s most homophobic pastors / ministers (left) and the president of the LGBT Brazilian Association (right). This picture says a lot.
24 Likes

The Rainbow Belongs to God.

3 Likes

Apparently this asshole hasn’t ever also read the first amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

in other words: no coercion in religious matters, no expectation to support a religion
against one’s will, and religious liberty encompasses all religions. In
sum, citizens are free to embrace or reject a faith, any support for
religion - financial or physical - must be voluntary, and all religions
are equal in the eyes of the law with no special preference or
favoritism.

14 Likes

7 Likes

This nation was founded on Judeo-Christian principles and they are under assault by men in black robes who were not elected by you.

As a side note, this kind of comment, along with the one about the “unelected bureaucrats” carries the unspoken assumption that only people who are elected - members of Congress - should have any power at all. Some offices are apolitical by design, and it infuriates people who have the power to gerrymander, and feel entitled to all of the power.

We now return you to your previously scheduled all-gay pro-gay gay-loving gayfest of gayness.

17 Likes

You forgot the nation and humanity at large. This jackass was also one of three senators who voted against removing the Confederate Treason Flag.

Quoting this because it’s awesomely correct.

5 Likes

Why are there so many songs about rainbows? And what’s on the other side?

What’s on the other side?

8 Likes

Skittles.

4 Likes

Isn’t it a Unicorn bum?

14 Likes

“The church must rise!”

In the immortal worlds of Pope Francis:

Chill the fuck off, boludo!!!

3 Likes

How long before this guy gets caught with his boytoy lover?

5 Likes

Yep, and I also believe that 2 of those ‘men in black robes’ are actually women. And our founding fathers, did very specifically, create the Judicial branch the way it is set up, in a little document called The Constitution. And I think they like the way it works when it works for them, like getting their president elected.

2 Likes

And to sanctify deviant behavior from five judges, it’s time to make our stand, church!

He refers to the legislature as “church.” Good luck with that separation, State.

3 Likes

I wonder if his car is a hand basket.

3 Likes