Wide chip bag developed for large-handed consumers

[Permalink]

Open the bag lengthways. You end up with an open bag that stands up by itself and don’t run the risk of having chips explode all over you. Also: eat Cheetos with chopsticks.

13 Likes

As if large-handed men weren’t coddled enough already? Speaking for Dainty-Americans everywhere, I am outraged!

Also, if I recall correctly, the side-seam bag-rip is popular in Japan, where it has a quite filthy nickname.

4 Likes

Or you could, you know, cut off the top part of the bag. When the number of chips has diminished to the point that I have to put my arm in past the wrist I cut off the upper part of the bag, leaving enough that I can fold it over and use a chip clip to try and prevent staleness.

Then again I’m not a crime boss with freakishly giant hands who stuffs an entire bag of chips with the word “BEEF” prominently printed on it into my mouth at one time.

6 Likes

big hand shaming!

6 Likes

Holy shit, that picture proves it: Elvis is still alive!

3 Likes

Chip bag?

You’re English, dammit!

3 Likes

That’s a 50 gram bag. You’d have to have freakishly tiny hands to get your arm in past the wrist, and a freakishly tiny appetite to want to save some for later.

4 Likes

I have a crazy idea. It’s called a bowl or if you’re roughing it, a paper towel or napkin. Of course if you’re eating on the hoof, not so practical.

3 Likes

My other half used to laugh at me for tipping Pringles out of the tube rather than just reaching in as she does - I had to demonstrate that the differences in our anatomy means that if I did that I would only be able to eat the top 3" and that’s not enough.

3 Likes

Public service announcement: walking tacos are an abomination.

It seems like a great idea at first…

1 Like

I’m still waiting for chips that come pre-packaged in a funnel, so I don’t have to bother with all that grabbing and lifting.

4 Likes

AKA: Bowl.

as a large handed person it just occurred to me that other people do actually reach into chip bags, something I haven’t done since i was a child. When I eat chips I pour a few into my hand at a time.

of course this has never been an inconvenience that i wanted fixed.

5 Likes

I have done what that comic suggests and yes, it does work really well.

2 Likes

And those narrow necks just get in the way of shoveling into your maw as fast as you can between labored breaths.

1 Like

I’m still trying to work out what, in particular, is so “terrifying” about those hands?

2 Likes

This ham-fisted individual just tears the bag apart. If you don’t like it don’t eat with me. Growl.

2 Likes

But then you have to suck the chopsticks at the end to get the extra cheese dust, and that’s just weird.

3 Likes

Rona Thorne: You just have to find the right guy who’s not intimidated by your power.
Lana Kane: Or my twin Tec-9’s.
Rona Thorne: Or those big steam shovelly scoops you call hands.

1 Like