Woman secretly summons 911 help with Pizza Hut order

[Permalink]

1 Like

Couldn’t she have just ordered Pizza Hut’s new Big Flavor Dipping Pizza? I would think it includes free emergency services.

13 Likes

That never seems to improve a relationship, that whole knifepoint thing.

13 Likes

Yep. I ordered one and it was actually delivered by an ambulance to save time.

(I’ve heard they bring the new “cheeseburger-ringed” one to you via hearse…)

7 Likes

If it played out like some of my pizza orders, they arrived 2 hours later and for got to bring their handcuffs.

14 Likes

I guess he’s no “pizza lover” anymore?

1 Like

Florida Man strikes again.

15 Likes

I’m trying to imagine Florida police negotiating the peaceful surrender of a non-white hostage taker…

4 Likes

Well done to the pizza workers! That was alert, proactive, and showed kindness and concern.

11 Likes

Yeah, I had the same thought… Rare to see police anymore who actually try to end things peacefully.

Well worth the $2.00 convenience fee.

9 Likes

This news article is incomplete. Did she get the pizza or not!?

3 Likes

All twelve slices were taken into custody where the eight slices were booked as evidence and the four slices were placed in the Evidence Room for safe keeping.

3 Likes

That jerk is luckier than he knows. If she’d decided to reach out to Godfather’s for help he’d be at the bottom of a river by now.

5 Likes

Smart woman

2 Likes

So how did that work, exactly? I’m guessing Florida Man was in the same room, so:

Did she text the order.
Did she order online and put the message in the “comments” box.
Did she whisper to the Pizza Hut employee “911 hostage help”.

The article doesn’t say and I don’t get it.

2 Likes

Yes, it was put in the “comments” (or similar) box.

“DI” = Driver Instructions

I imagine the other comment was also typed in as free form text.

1 Like

Oh fear crying’ out loud, doesn’t anybody get charged with just kidnapping anymore?

1 Like

Kidnapping requires you physically move someone against their will. Locking someone in a house, or not letting them leave using a threat of violence, is not kidnapping. If he hit her, that’s battery. If he made her fear for her life and safety while using a weapon, that’s aggravated assault. I’m not familiar with the last one, but it doesn’t seem unreasonable as a crime. I don’t like overcharging anymore than the next person, but I have a feeling that all of these things happened, and all of them are seperate crimes. The justice system is supposed to charge you with specific crimes, not some nebulous collection of crimes, that would actually be unjust.

4 Likes

I am sure this gentleman would listen to Reason.

1 Like