X-Wing fighter rocker

[Permalink]

We can admire the craftsmanship but should children continue to be indoctrinated in militarist ideology? Star Wars is simply a galactic extension of an imperialist worldview.

1 Like

“Schwartzman” I get it. You are Hooper X, and I claim my five pounds.

Why everything is Star Wars on the internet ???

It’s that or grumpy cats, take your pick, you can’t have everything.

3 Likes

What about grumpy droid cats that sound like a pissed off 14k4 modem? Or grumpy cat droids?

2 Likes

It is worth noting that the name of the main children’s hospital in New Zealand is Starship.

Internet needs more ants. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Cool, great work! But I wish there was a picture of a kid in it to get more of a sense of scale. Like what size/age kid could use this?

1 Like

As someone noted, this rocker was indeed built as a charity project for the Starship Childrens Hospital in Auckland, NZ. You can bid for the rocker here: http://www.trademe.co.nz/toys-models/rideon-toys/other/auction-834298132.htm

Starship really deserves a BB posting of its own, since it’s a very cool place. Its interior design is based on a futuristic starship, and really helps sick kids with the trauma they often feel when being hospitalised. When they enter Starship they feel like they’re going on a fantastic journey, and all the machines and procedures that go hand-in-hand with hospitals these days just seem to make more sense to the kids in a “spaceship” environment.

There is a mistake in this posting, however. Macrocarpa is definitely not a “native” NZ timber. It’s Cupressus macrocarpa, otherwise known as Monterey cypress. It grows really well in NZ, however, and can be found on many farms.

2 Likes

Ants don’t seem to fare so well on the internet…

4 Likes

But I’m still alive so far. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They have the numbers, the numbers I say! You can squish them morning to night and night to morning and they will still come! Waves and waves and black shiny waves of living crunchy chitin-clad nightmare!

3 Likes
1 Like

You can’t stop us.

I have stories in my http://zimage.com/~ant/antfarm/read/read.html 's “Ants in Weird/Odd Places” section. :wink:

The internet is a poor reflection of the biomass!

1 Like

Get off the Internet and Earf, humans!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.