XKCD watch-face for Moto 360

[Permalink]

1 Like

Until this very moment I had zero desire to buy a Moto 360.

Now I can’t imagine living without one.

Very cool concept, however the Brisbane and Perth bits are only accurate for a few months of the year (while most the other Australian cities operate on daylight savings time) the rest of the time Brisbane would be lumped with the “Most Australian Cities” section, and Perth would be 2 hours behind them. Oh and just to screw things up a little more Adelaide (South Australia) is always 30 minutes behind the “Most Australian Cities” part, and Darwin (Northern Territory) is with Adelaide, except when Adelaide has daylight savings, and then Darwin is 1.5 hours behind.

Timezones: Australia has 3 (and sometimes 5) of them!*

*Until you include the Anomalies, and then shit just gets real confusing.

1 Like

Then there’s Eucla and the other wide spots on the Nullarbor that are on unofficial GMT+08:45.

Ninja edit there. Well played. :smiley:

1 Like

Heh. Timezones.

I used to work in an office where they decided that it was necessary to have clocks up on the wall with different times zones on them. Get us, all international like.

They had:

Indianapolis = GMT - 5
UK
“Asia” - no kidding, that’s what they labelled it = GMT + 7 (which is a time zone with not a lot in it)

The more astute of you will have noticed that on a clock, -5 produces a remarkably similar time to + 7. So that was useful.

1 Like

Timezones?

He should program it so the current time is shown at the 12 o’clock position. As in, the map rotates as you move around the world.

I noticed this last time BoingBoing posted this clock: you can actually embed the live version, and it actually works, but people rarely do.

In this case, though, Discourse is probably going to cache the image locally, so it will immediately become un-live for everyone else…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.