Xmas tree: symbol of joy or blazing death torch?

[Permalink]

1 Like

NIST would like to concur in exciting detail!

1 Like

What is the context of that picture? An advert for the Aluminum Tree Industry Association?

6 Likes

I don’t know, but either way I’m sure my Shimmer Floor Wax will go great with it.

2 Likes

O Todfackel, O Todfackel,
wie brennbar sind deine Blätter!

8 Likes

Do I have to choose? Can’t I have both?

7 Likes

You’ll never forget this video
(Edit: which @fuzzyfungusposted first but didn’t embed :blush:):

5 Likes

That’s very similar to how it looks when my brother-in-law is in charge of the barbecue.

3 Likes

I was hoping there would be a poll with this entry so I could vote.

11 Likes

Blazing Death Torch sounds like either
a) a REALLY great band name, or
b) there should be a ™ after it.

Or maybe both.

5 Likes

I think its a reminder to a) Water your fucking tree! b) Take down your tree before MLK day (or Memorial day, you hoarders)!

1 Like

Holy jesus!

You mean all these years I’ve had a choice?!?

8 Likes

To me a blazing death torch is a symbol of joy.

9 Likes

You just need to survive the first 48 seconds.

1 Like

Yeah, we did burn trees one year, rather surprising how they can go from impossible to get going to a smoking pole 3 minutes later in just a day or two. It is fun and sobering, you light it off with a lighter, and 5 minutes later (tops), it’s done, just a smoking pole, and in between, some very impressive flames shooting 10-15 feet into the air.

Water your tree. Or else.

2 Likes

Blazing Death Torch 2016!

1 Like

I saw this once as a kid. Someone set their entire tree in their trash can on the street (presumably pretty dry), and someone else (not us) lit it. Talk about a conflagration! Blazing death torch is an understatement.

3 Likes

Like most family/holiday gatherings… (Long enough to get a stiff drink.)

2 Likes

The last time my grandmother used real candles I was like 6 years old and it was a small tabletop tree that went flying out of the kitchen window fully engulfed. Scared the crap out of me. Must of been a sight to see, a flaming tree dropping down 4 stories.

2 Likes