Yearbook photos selectively altered for modesty

Edit: I see Jandrese beat me to it. In my defense (not deleting what is in effect an unnecessary post), these are CURRENT styles, offered for good Christian girls. No, I’m not kidding.

7 Likes

Wow – thinking back to my HS yearbook, I was a scoundrel for wearing a turtleneck and no jacket, but nobody got their picture removed or altered. Wonder what this school would have done if a trans student wore the wrong gender-specific clothing?

You call that censorship? Why, you can still see the harlot’s hair!

11 Likes

Those eyes. Damn. She’s hot.

4 Likes

I can still see a bit of eyebrow and cheekbone in the far right. Not modest enough.

Those come-hither eyes! And that voluptuous form! I can’t contain my lust, therefore:

Ah. That’s better.

14 Likes

“[…] we can help kids better prepare for their future by knowing how to dress appropriately for things,” said Terry E. Shoemaker.

Am I the only one seeing this glaring conflict of interests?

Oh man! That’s a good one! I’ve never heard that before. I’m going to share that one and I live in Salt Lake City and am not Morman, never have been.

If they wanted to teach the kids about what they thought they should be wearing when attempting to secure a job shouldn’t they have… taught them? In a lesson in the school? If they thought it was that important. It’s less effective to get some chump with MS Paint to clumsily caress the digital image of a young bosom with the invisible hand of his mouse cursor, sweating and muttering “sinners…” under his breath.

2 Likes

The real funny part is that it is currently the year A.D. 2014 and school photographers are still using that spongepaint “smoky background” backdrop. That was a suburban-prom-photo cliche thirty years ago already.

1 Like

When I clicked “like” on your comment yesterday, it showed a broken link – which made sense in this context, as if the school had censored the link instead of the photo. But the actual photo you show is also like-worthy.

However, I’ve seen some other photos from alternate news sources. They show some girls wearing tank tops or thin straps on shirts, censored to add short t-shirt sleeves covering their sexy bare shoulders. Your photo of bathing suits from the 1930s are clearly, seriously showing too much skin. If they were consistent, the yearbook censors would draw short sleeves on these bathing beauties. Examples below.

I think it’s disgusting that the girls’ pictures were altered for modesty, but none of the boys’. I’m sure some of the boys were wearing tank tops in their photos as well. What’s the difference?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.