Your new financial advisor is this 4x6" index card

Also, because they invest a lot more consistently and over an indefinite timescale (and so don’t need to get less aggressive over time), pension funds (even those that don’t underfund their obligations) can generate much higher retirement income levels with lower contributions. I’ve read analyses where individuals would need to put away 10-15% of their income to have as much in retirement as they would from a pension fund where the company put away 7% of their salary.

No, it is the same arguement you are putting out. Worst yet you’re putting all of your wealth on mainly one thing. Wars historically was fought over useable resources, precious metals/gems were nothing more than acting currency. Currency that devalues if people decides it’s more important to hold land for food or useable metal that can be made into things.

BTW, since you’re physically storing value, where is it? So I can physically rob you with tanks and guns. And attack during transfer periods, ie when you walk out the door. Whereas paper value, I can easily spread my risk over various companies.

1 Like

Well, as I said, it’s hard to be polite. Gold makes people crazy, and that is true on both sides of any argument about it. On the other hand, silver makes people smart. Go buy an ingot and see if you don’t feel smarter pretty soon.

I actually hold silver coins. Though they are not of my hand, inherit, small value, and they stay in the vault.

Besides, I was speaking of precious metals in general. At their current state, you’d be foolish to buy more. Contrary to what I may seem, I do advise to hold some precious metals BUT they should be a TINY portion of your own financial state. Your wedding ring, for instance, counts.

Me, currently, I continue to short gold. I have realized small, but double digit gains due to Federal announcement on Wednesday. I didn’t expect that, though I heard Bill Gross did. I don’t expect to buy gold, silver, or any other precious metals in the future in large amounts. I follow the number one rule in financial advice, proper weights, diversification.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.