Zuckerberg phones Obama to complain about NSA spying

Oh the Ironys!

The same thing happened with Angela Merkel when she realized the NSA was targeting her preferentially: fine with all the spying, then shock, splutter and outrage when itā€™s happening to her personally. Well, Fr. Merkel, Mr. Zuckerberg and Mrs. Feinstein, now you know how the rest of us feel.

9 Likes

We are not Facebookā€™s clients; we are their product. We are the cows they use until they are too old to moo, then have every part that isnā€™t eaten used for shoes and glue. Facebookā€™s clients are the companies who use the data that Facebook extracts from us.

3 Likes

well to be honest most of us are saying the same thing ā€œleave me aloneā€ we say it the same way she does ā€œleave us aloneā€ but ultimately itā€™s about you and the environment in which you live.

Not all of us, Ma.

1 Like

just pulled it from barackā€™s facebook data, iā€™m sure.

2 Likes

That may be true, but I never advocated for large scale spying on people not suspected of crimes like Feinsten, nor have I ever done large scale collection of data to sell to the highest bidder like Zuckerburg. Both parties are interested in continuing on with the way things were before for their own personal interests. I would like to see that the citizenry isnā€™t considered criminals first and that they have a right to go on about their business without everyone else making it their business.

2 Likes

I said users, not clients. But yeah, I guess I agree with you.

Hey now, thatā€™s simply unfair.

Zuck doesnā€™t sell it to the highest bidder. Why would he only sell it once? He sells it to every bidder.

8 Likes

You have inside information on the intentions of the NSA? Give up that citation bro! Thaā€™s fron page news!

Besides, is it really all that insulting by way of comparing the two? People opt in to FB & can choose to opt out. Thus they have chosen to be bought/sold or just insulted & sullied, or not.

The NSA on the other hand isnā€™t even opt-out available except by way of a Kaczynski-esque shack in the woods or a bullet to the head. You canā€™t even opt out by leaving the US or renouncing or whatever, they just straight up violating, so intentions ainā€™t shit & presumptions of good intentions donā€™t really merit acceptance in such light.

So itā€™s up to us ā€“ all of us ā€“ to build the internet we want.

step 1) dismantle facebook

2 Likes

4 Likes

Fact is if you put every piece of your personal life out on Facebook your crazy! On average we spend over 3 hours a day on the internetā€¦How much of that is on Facebook? If I see another selfie of someone or what they are eating for dinner Iā€™m gonna lose it:) I think we should really rethink the word ā€œprivacyā€.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.