2014: US cops seized more through asset forfeiture than US crooks stole through burglary

Of course the common-law definition of “burglary” is to enter a residence at night to commit a crime…

Is…is this quote meant to make us feel better about Official Theft? Because, and I don’t know about you, but it’s not giving me any warm fuzzies.

2 Likes

Well, according to radical libertarians, all taxation is theft…

not at all - it was meant as a response to the question about what was being counted as “burglary” (it turns out only a very small percentage of what “criminals” are stealing actually falls under “burglary”) The amount being taken by forfeiture is alarming on its own, but the headline/framing of this article is somewhat misleading.

“US cops seized more through asset forfeiture in 2014 than other US criminals stole through burglary”

FTFY

Update - and I should have read all the other replies first as I was clearly not the only person who feels this way.

This is just wrong on so many levels and makes me very, very angry, upset, and depressed at the state of the country.

1 Like

It would be interesting to see a frothy conservative compare the “theft” of taxation to this confiscation of property from innocent citizens…

nothing to see here:

1. more often than not one of the 99 %
  2. because of 1. he or she surely deserved it
1 Like

Poverty is one of the early signs of moral turpitude.

Liberating those pre-criminal types from their assets is just preventing future trouble

2 Likes

We are on board. I saw this on right-wing blogs first.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.