2020 Uprising: Enough is Enough

Driving the Antifa Bus is one thing, but if we gas it up we better pay cash and destroy the receipts

9 Likes

Crimson Tide athletic boosters beware! They will be risking prison time if Alabama wins the National Football Championship!/s

8 Likes

Progress in NYC:

10 Likes

tldr is that police in denver harassed a person who recorded them and searched their device without permission – but it’s all good because qualified immunity.

Officer Evans grabbed the tablet computer out of Mr. Frasier’s hands and began to search for the video of the arrest…

While searching through it, Officer Evans called back over his shoulder, “I don’t see the video in here. I can’t find it.” An unidentified officer responded, “As long as there’s no video, it’s okay.” Officer Evans then handed the tablet back to Mr. Frasier.

the court decided:

[It’s] “irrelevant” whether each officer defendant actually believed—or even in some sense knew—that his conduct violated a statutory or constitutional right…

all that basically mattered was court precedent, and since there wasn’t any, they weren’t going to set any, and the cop’s behavior was fine. ( aka catch 22. )

9 Likes
11 Likes
13 Likes

I’m actually pretty surprised that Fox went with this headline in their reporting today:

I refuse to give that network my click traffic so I don’t know if the actual article was equally frank about police being “out of control,” but still, seems like they’re starting to actually acknowledge that police aren’t always the good guys, right?

10 Likes
10 Likes

I’m sure the law will be enforced equally regardless of race, creed, or cause
/s

11 Likes

RIGHT!? I mean, this is Florida-da. What could possibly go wrong?

9 Likes

And the wheel turns again.

God, I’m just so exhausted.

12 Likes

Angry Melissa Mccarthy GIF by HBO Max

13 Likes

I’m glad you didn’t click through. I didn’t either. But I’ve picked up enough Faux News reporting to give it better than 50-50 odds that, when they say “out of control” they mean it like a good thing, like a promotional ad for *Cops Gone Wild.”

6 Likes

Wow, great job reading the room officer

12 Likes

Apparently she called the cops for help—but they killed her, then taunted neighbors & family members by saying “Blue Lives Matter”

Amazing. Same shit, different day.

15 Likes
16 Likes

cops love drug laws because they don’t have to deal with victims or witnesses

the “evidence” is easy to handle and store and the only required testimony is from the arresting officers

14 Likes

FTA:

LaSalle spent the night in jail, and was released the next day after the Bronx District Attorney’s Office declined to charge him. LaSalle immediately went to pick up his stuff, hoping one of his many recording devices had captured some evidence of illegality in his arrest. But that evening, before he could extract any information from his phones and camera, LaSalle was arrested again. He had told some friends that he had evidence on his phone regarding what he considered an illegal arrest—they had tweeted about it. Four police officers, including the precinct’s commanding officer, Jerry P. O’Sullivan, promptly walked into the diner where LaSalle was having dinner and handcuffed him, claiming that he hadn’t been given a court date while in booking. They also said they wanted his phone.

LaSalle was taken to a holding cell, where he says an officer asked for the password to his phone (LaSalle declined to provide it). The activist was released after a few hours, but this time, he says, police would not give him back his recording devices, which they said were needed for an investigation. LaSalle checked his e-mail and found a message from an app called Lockwatch, which he had installed on his now-captive phone. Someone was trying to get into the device.

14 Likes

Cop tried to take out a hit on two people, one of whom was a 14 year old girl, issuing detailed planning instructions.

Prosecutors gave her a plea deal where all she had to plead guilty to was obstruction of justice, not the heinous crime of murder for hire for which they had, in their own words, overwhelming evidence.

That’s when Cincinelli tried to cover her tracks and the boyfriend’s by deleting phone data, authorities alleged. She was charged with obstruction of justice.

Now Cincinelli, 36, has admitted to only that charge as part of a plea deal.

“We are pleased with the ultimate disposition and the government’s agreement to dismiss the murder for hire charges,” her attorney, James Kousouros, told The Washington Post in an email. “Ms. Cincinelli accepted responsibility for the obstruction and wants nothing more than to return to her family and move on with her life.”

In the interview, the estranged husband she tried to have murdered is visibly worried about his son.

ETA: I’m appending this unrelated story to my last post due to the two-in-a-row comment restrictions.

ETA2: Once again appending due to the two-in-a-row comment restrictions.

It’s like the police misconduct version of baseball fantasy camp.

14 Likes
8 Likes