2020 Uprising: Enough is Enough

Not disagreeing with your points here, and I definitely appreciate your work on this thread.

Just adding that from my perspective:

No, voting for Biden is not a solution to anything, other than ridding ourselves of the current administration, and especially not the answer to our society’s systemic racism. In a better world Joe would have disappeared into the sunset long ago.

That said, I just can’t come to any other conclusion except that every option – other than sucking it up and voting for him – is a worse choice.

I’ll freely admit that my perspective is hugely informed by privilege and circumstances, and I have no argument with like-minded people who reach a different conclusion.

5 Likes

The best reply I have to that is to repeat something I posted a year ago, when the situation was not quite as desperate as it is now:

15 Likes
11 Likes
16 Likes
8 Likes

I see that the protesters in Minneapolis are now carrying around traffic cones which is bad news for anybody trying to use tear gas containers

10 Likes

This is one of those examples of why elections are both indispensably important and grossly insufficient.

11 Likes

https://twitter.com/aishaismad/status/1266541585325592577?s=21

14 Likes

Professor Lockjaw isn’t going to be happy about this

4 Likes

This is how Twitter is choosing to depict the trending content related to the week’s protests.

Something something can’t editorialize something something open carrier mumble mumble.

10 Likes

Protests planned in Seattle tomorrow. We don’t have a really good record of this going well. Thread.

12 Likes
10 Likes

It’s on the White House’s front steps right now, 10:47pm EST, as it should be. Good.

7 Likes
12 Likes

15 Likes

So can we now say that press are clearly targeted by cops, not just by-kill? It certainly appears they do not want their actions to be documented.

14 Likes

It seems to me that we need to be using drones to live stream footage of the uprisings.

Not inexpensive, but far less costly than risking life and limb.

12 Likes

They’ve been routinely attacking the alternative press (Unicorn Riot, Rebelutionary Z, etc) for years. Now they’re expanding to the corporate press.

OTOH, even that isn’t entirely new. Remember this?

14 Likes

And the targeting of minority (and therefore assumingly less well defended) journalists is not coincidental.

14 Likes
7 Likes