2020 Uprising: Enough is Enough

They did that here too. Claimed antifa outsiders (though took pains to say no proud boys). But today we know where those arrested are from, and everyone’s local. What’s this tactic for? What benefit for the cops if the public at large buys that it’s not local people?

Not meant as a question to @MalevolentPixy but referencing the content of her post.

2 Likes

Yes.

Prison lockdown means that everyone is locked into their cells and never let out. No exercise, no visitors, no phone calls, no going to the nurse’s office, no library, no work details.

Regrettably, this does make it easier to controls the slaves with fewer supervisors. The plantation gets shut down, but now the overseers are free to do something else, as they’ve got all of the slaves securely chained up. It’s replacing human guard labour with mechanical suppression.

14 Likes

Philly Inquirer, WTELF?

17 Likes

Tone deaf fuckers.

12 Likes

Apparently this one:

2 Likes

8 Likes

A couple of points re: propaganda tactics.

1. Every time that people make a big deal about how “nonviolent” their protest is, they’re reinforcing the idea that the cops are justified in beating the hell out of anyone who fights back.

2. The cops are going to claim that every protest is violent and every use of force by themselves is justified, no matter what happens.

There has never been a moment in American history in which the US underclass were not ethically justified in physically resisting their oppressors. And even if there had been, today is not that moment.

You can argue about the tactical wisdom of fighting back against the cops, but that is a separate issue from the ethical question.

11 Likes

Be careful out there, folks. Read up on tactics and weaponry that may be used against you. There’s stuff they haven’t unleashed yet, like “Skunk.” Know how “kettling” works. Find out how your phone can be used to track you, and what to do about that. Be prepared with helmets, goggles, earplugs, respirators, shields. This ain’t no party. This ain’t no disco. This ain’t no foolin’ around.

12 Likes

It’s for delegitimising the protests in the eyes of white people, and it’s a tactic that goes all the way back to the pre-ACW plantation slavery days.

:musical_note: Picket lines
School boycotts
They try to say it’s a communist plot
All I want is equality
for my sister my brother my people and me :musical_note:

16 Likes
13 Likes

No they fucking don’t

6 Likes

Sounds like he didn’t want to get fired today

8 Likes

He’ll still be fired. No doubt.

7 Likes

24 Likes

https://twitter.com/maamsbx/status/1267956452427280386?s=21

20 Likes

In the middle of a pandemic. They arrest people in grocery stores on felony charges for doing this to produce.

15 Likes

This is probably Malcolm’s best speech…

…and it does reflect a genuine division within the Black community.

But that isn’t why I’m posting it.

Malcolm’s argument here isn’t just about the Black community. It also applies to the dynamics of the class distinction within the US white community (house = middle class, field = working class) and the global geopolitical situation (house = ordinary people in Westernised nations, field = ordinary people in the global south).

If you’ve never heard it, you really should. It’s worth the time.

9 Likes

Odds on pencildick here being a Proud Boy are not negligible; they were stirring up shit at the Spokane protests on Sunday too. I also just love how he just slinks off sheepishly the second he get confronted.

13 Likes
17 Likes

“Debbie” sounds like a dick.

10 Likes