2020 Uprising: Enough is Enough

Here we go again

23 Likes
7 Likes
12 Likes

The baseball analogy might work on Blue Lives Matter relatives and workmates:

9 Likes

And it lists her injuries as “none,” even though she was shot at least eight times and died on her hallway floor in a pool of blood, according to attorneys for her family.

The police department acknowledged errors in the report that it said was the result of the reporting program creating a paper file.

The real-world equivalent of the “sorry, sorry, I’m trying to delete it” meme.

17 Likes

Christ, get this man some pearls to clutch!

20 Likes

Seriously. “The solution can only be found by compromising with the fascists! Please hear them out and meet them in the middle.”

9 Likes

Assistant Police Chief of the Criminal Investigations Bureau Deanna Nollette said, “We have heard anecdotally reports of citizens and businesses being asked to pay a fee to operate within this area.” Nolette added, “There is no legal right for those arms to be used to intimidate community members. This is the crime of extortion."

The funny thing is the linked article squashed this rumor as false – which was ignored by the author of this one.

The New York Times had a differing perspective reporting, “What has emerged is an experiment in life without the police—part street festival, part commune. Hundreds have gathered to hear speeches, poetry and music. On Tuesday night, dozens of people sat in the middle of an intersection to watch 13th , the Ava DuVernay film about the criminal justice system’s impact on African-Americans. On Wednesday, children made chalk drawings in the middle of the street.”

“Those monsters!”

22 Likes
21 Likes

This is several layers of insult wrapped up together. They were essentially looting my Congressman’s office with full view of the looting outside, which was the supposed reason they were there.

27 Likes

Walking into the office of someone who is not only a congressperson, but also the founder of the local chapter of the Black Panthers, raiding their fridge / napping on the furniture, and leaving it all on camera, during the protesting, is some seriously fucked up shit.

18 Likes

The Fox News headline was “CITY UNDER SIEGE” Huh. I wonder what historical siege they might compare it to. Maybe the Siege of Coney Island? The Siege of Brighton Beach?

Like dogs marking their territory. Only not as cute.

15 Likes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/racist-cartoon-causes-newspaper-owners-to-leave-publication-their-dad-runs/ar-BB15mayG?ocid=spartanntp

Via @hecep:

14 Likes

Gross.

11 Likes
17 Likes
20 Likes
16 Likes

The D.C. police’s budget under this proposal would be $580 million. Like Biden’s $300 million plan to just keep giving more money to a demonstrably broken system, this is less “I hear you” and more “shut up”.

14 Likes

Will we see this lie repeated here at some point in the future by our least favourite oat bar or pancake?

12 Likes

Dang. Both proud of my city and terrified of the implications of those crowds during the pandemic.

16 Likes