2020 Election Thread (Part 2)

15 Likes

I was very confused when Trumpā€™s hair went from blonde to white in a few days. Iā€™m not exactly an expert on hair dye, but in my experience it doesnā€™t vanish completely leaving no track in 5 or 6 days. The whole reason we talk about seeing roots of a different colour is that the dye lasts long enough for that to happen. Like is Trump just rubbing the same stuff through their hair that they put on their face and then washing it out at night? What is going on?

And this is a person who one year claimed $70k in haircuts as a tax deduction. If I paid $70k for hair dye Iā€™d want it to last until the end of the week.

13 Likes

Some sort of color wash kind of thing, Iā€™d guess.

9 Likes

What is the best temporary hair dye?

• Hair mascara isnā€™t just for covering up grays: itā€™s an easy technique to add a fun pop of bold color. Apply the wand directly to your hair and brush on some color. Itā€™s the most temporary dye, lasting just 1-2 shampoos.

• Hair chalk is great: because of its opacity, it typically shows up on every hair color. To use, simply wet your hair, separate it into sections, then run the chalk down your strands. It lasts 2-4 shampoos.

• Colored hairspray is exactly what it sounds like ā€” hairspray with added color! Each application lasts about 2-4 shampoos.

14 Likes

And I learned something today!

(Just read an article about the ten best temporary hair colouring options in good housekeeping)

This is what I thought of, the kind of stuff you use on kids at halloween, and I was likeā€¦ surely Trump isnā€™t using that shit? Right?!?..

11 Likes

His hair argues against that sentiment? Surely he doesnā€™t everything about it!

6 Likes

A good wrap up of where we are today:

11 Likes

Whatā€™s perplexing to me is how there are ZERO Republicans who are willing to power play this into an advantage over Trump. They are weak weak weak. Most of us have seen The West Wing, House of Cards, Scandalā€¦ (VEEP, SNL, LOL!) you name it. This country is ADDICTED to the adrenaline rush of political intrigue and the what-if of putting political figures in their own party over a barrel to gain advantage. Thatā€™s what Trump is doing to the entire country, right now. And you are telling me there is no Republican with the actual gall to box him in and make some demands to turn this into their advantage?

Wow, Trump must be soooo amazing to be able to stand up to all of these hungry jackals /s

Spineless twits.

Though I am enjoying watching Biden stand back and let Trump crash himself on the rocks over and over. That part is hilarious to me. The scary part is I donā€™t trust that there isnā€™t some asshole judge out in a key battleground state who will hand Trump a big victory and therefore throw fuel on the fire and keep him raging for weeks longer. Come on, let this burning shipwreck sink already. Itā€™s not that funny anymore and people are dying. Letā€™s get on with it.

9 Likes

Sternly worded memos are being passed to Emily Murphy (GSA):

ā€œYour actions in blocking transition activities required under the law are having grave effects, including undermining the orderly transfer of power, impairing the incoming Administrationā€™s ability to respond to the coronavirus pandemic, hampering its ability to address our nationā€™s dire economic crisis, and endangering our national security,ā€ the letter said. The chairs asked that Murphy personally brief them by no later than November 23.

And then promptly tossed into the trash.

12 Likes

The clown car continues to trundle down the road, dropping bits of undercarriage as it passes.

29 Likes

Well - that settles it. Iā€™m going to have to sue because Hillary really won the election. Two can play this game.

14 Likes

13 Likes

20 Likes
23 Likes

Called it!

9 Likes

Georgiaā€™s governor and top elections official on Friday certified results

Hard to flip Georgia now, and every swing state locked means that pulling shenanigans to throw it to the House becomes harder too. (ā€œThe failstate of xxxxxa, you overrode your popular vote and appointed electors for Trump? Normally that would be a constitutional crisis, and a huge problem, but Biden doesnā€™t need your votes to reach 270, so no one cares, fuck you!ā€)

16 Likes

Any day now, Anderson Cooper is going to say that to the camera, by way of saying it directly to Trump and his gang of misfit miscreants.

Or maybe Don Lemon.

11 Likes

Iā€™m sure many of us here are old enough to remember these ads:

16 Likes
19 Likes

oh, goodie! so since thy are literally following the law and not declafring a coup. does that mean we have to find them admirable?

14 Likes