2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

Bloody hell, no. Just no.

7 Likes

If your only goal is to make sure that the weird dipshit in office has a (D) after his name rather than an ®, I could see how someone might find this appealing.

7 Likes

I gotta say, Tulsi Gabbard keeps getting my attention. I know there’s apparently some weird Hindutva thing she has (had?) going, but I need to invest some time in learning more about her.

2 Likes
4 Likes

They couldn’t have picked a better initialism in the current meme climate?

4 Likes

The DSA’s structure predates the current meme war by quite a long time.

NPC is the National Political Committee, BTW.

5 Likes

Too many!

ColossusGuardian

2 Likes

Why?

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/westworldnps/status/1105988006996074496?s=21

8 Likes

I think there’s this desperation among the centrists in this country to relive the Obama moment, forgetting that Obama was part of a time and a place. Both of those things are in the past.

The center cannot hold.

8 Likes

Howard Schultz is really gunning for Trump in the race to prove that rich people are all actually just self-centered morons.

Seriously, Howard, how are you so bad at this? The law of averages (or maybe the law of large numbers at this point) would suggest that you should be able to get through one public statement without making a complete ass of yourself, and yet…

9 Likes
4 Likes

Where have I heard a word salad like that before? Oh, yeah:

1 Like
8 Likes

2 Likes

Never liked him, but he was competing for my vote against Ted Cruz.

2 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-politics-beto-orourke-special-rep/special-report-beto-orourkes-secret-membership-in-a-legendary-hacking-group-idUSKCN1QW26N

Members of the hugely influential Cult of the Dead Cow, jokingly named after an abandoned Texas slaughterhouse, have protected his secret for decades, reluctant to compromise his political viability.

Huh. That’s going to wobble all over the place.

4 Likes

10 Likes