2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

Damn straight!

I wish more “progressives” would say that and act like they mean it, instead of just pining for the days of Obama.

11 Likes

Yeah that story’s main conceit is false, which is especially bizarre because David Sirota also produces manufactured garbage stories so it’s not like there was even a need to make a story up about him to drag on his connection to Sander’s campaign.

2 Likes

It’s a little daunting right now seeing this large number of democrats running. But I’m really coming to the conclusion to lay back and let them fight it out. When the primary happens in my state (actually caucus before that) I’m gonna push for my favorite but damn I’m gonna pull the lever for what ever democrat is on the ballot come Election Day. Trump is a fucking madman. I hope the democrats come together enough to not antagonize each other as much as last time, because we have one much larger fish to fry here. We need to bury the Republican Party not just in the executive but in congress too. These people are goddamn fascists.

2 Likes

Yes, and this has far less to do with the candidates than it does the electorate, a group which doesn’t seem to think it has any responsibility most of the time (e.g. I don’t blame Bernie much for the counterproductive nonsense the last time round). People liked to blame to Hillary Clinton for being a poor candidate, but I prefer to blame the dumbases who honestly thought it was even a choice worth thinking about for half a second. Ultimately we get the government we deserve.

2 Likes

I SURE AS FUCK don’t deserve this current turd in office. Leave me out of your “we”.

2 Likes

Even if one is a believer in the “vote blue no matter who” orthodoxy, public declarations of that sentiment before the primary is concluded achieves nothing but to encourage the party establishment to once again ignore the needs and desires of the electorate.

If you want to ensure that the Dem candidate recieves the maximum possible vote, focus on making sure that the primary produces a candidate worth supporting.

4 Likes

I mean yes. Of course. Just not interested in in-fighting. May the best person win. Let’s hope Bernie got through to the DNC and that actually happens.

As long as it’s not Andrew Cuomo. hahah. (knock on wood)

5 Likes

Hickenlooper?

I’ve never seen him speak before, and I just watched some clips from an interview with him. No charisma, awkward, bumbling. Granted, it’s an awkward topic in this first clip, but I don’t think this guy has any chance of capturing more than like, two or three voters.

4 Likes
3 Likes

giphy

5 Likes

Taking “some of my best friends are black” to a whole new level.

7 Likes

Irresponsible Bernie smearing continues…

4 Likes

How did someone put it? A Biden/Abrams ticket without Biden would be great.

14 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

At this point I honestly have no idea if Biden is trying to submarine his shot because he doesn’t actually want to run and is being pressured to do so by the establishment, or if he’s just that thick.

And in other silly pop culture political analysis, I give you…

Which is actually terrifyingly accurate (if a little mean to Discord).

9 Likes

Mean to Discord? The man savaged Starlight Glimmer and Trixie.

5 Likes

For those who find themselves without an ideal candidate:

5 Likes