2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 1)

10 Likes

No Adidas tracksuits for Russians?

11 Likes

Aaaannnd…now the war is over

15 Likes

There was a splendid dig at Patel today from a Tory MP of all people, who pointed out that this was absolutely not the way that we treated refugees from Uganda back in the day… :grinning:

15 Likes

He leaves tomorrow, God bless him.

10 Likes

Zerg rush?

I would see myself out, but I am currently stuck in mud and can’t rush as I used to…

ETA: no idea why this reply now goes to @Jesse13927, I replied to and even quoted the post by @nosaj ?

8 Likes

almost like activision is finding new ways to profit off war and distract from their own serious serious issues

i know it’s off topic but f them.

9 Likes
33 Likes
19 Likes

More on this story:

19 Likes

Personally, being stuck in NW France would be a win-win, in my book.

2 Likes
33 Likes

Ouch!

And BRILLIANT!

(For those not aware of Priti Patel’s background - put 2 and 2 together.) :wink:

And @Purplecat I watched that last night on BBC News. The reporter could hardly disguise his disgust. Incoming Nadine Dorries in 3… 2… 1…

12 Likes

Today the outflow of refugees from Ukraine reaches two million people.

Amidst all the horror of this situation, honestly I’m just glad that many people made it to (hopefully, still a question mark for some) safer conditions.

Also good grief that’s ~5% of the country’s population, according to Wikipedia.

15 Likes

That 5% is even larger when you consider that the male half of the population is not allowed to leave, and gets conscripted at the border if they try.

17 Likes

Point Agree GIF by Ford

6 Likes

15 Likes

Previously:

They seem nice…

18 Likes

Screen Shot 77

13 Likes

So, basically Blackwater, but organized by Russian oligarchs instead of USA?

22 Likes