A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

8 Likes
9 Likes
5 Likes

I appreciate the sentiment, and commend their unabashed honesty in relaying how they really feel, but eeeeewwww. As @Melz2 says “unfuck” Trump et al.

6 Likes

Yeah. We’re going to have to learn how to counteract weaponized bullshit.

8 Likes

Attacking that from the top down is severely complicated by the conflicting interests of the money that produces it.

Attacking the problem from the bottom up, though:

1 Like

“…That is the point of white supremacy—to ensure that that which all others achieve with maximal effort, white people (particularly white men) achieve with minimal qualification.”

“Race is an idea, not a fact,” the historian Nell Irvin Painter has written, and essential to the construct of a “white race” is the idea of not being ‘a nigger.’

9 Likes
13 Likes
4 Likes
8 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes
7 Likes

Ku Klux Klowns

"The art collective INDECLINE, which released a video showing four masked men dressed in black hanging the clowns overnight, said in a news release the action is intended as a “protest of the White Nationalist uprising in the United States.”

8 Likes

Wow, I don’t know how to feel about that.

On the one hand, invoking the imagery of lynching is always a passive aggressive threat, IMO

On the other, the threat is directed at the Klan, in a twisted bit of irony.

12 Likes

Well, on the one hand we have a good Halloween idea and on the other we have a new creepy Blair Witch Klan Klown Horror Genre.

I’m actually surprised that they didn’t hang them up in front of the Confederate White House only a few blocks away behind the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. It would have been an even stronger statement.

5 Likes
6 Likes

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/09/08/549491208/as-boy-peers-curiously-over-border-wall-his-artist-asks-what-is-he-thinking

4 Likes

Over the past few months, Javier Valdes and his organization Make the Road have trained families how to be ready if ICE agents arrive at their door.

“Part of it is about having a conversation ahead of time with your sister, your brother, your aunt, or your grandparent, or your neighbor: ‘Will you take on the responsibility for watching my children if I get taken away?,’” Valdes said. “It is, of course, the hardest conversation.”

3 Likes

More from BAA:

As I’ve been saying: violence against the state is usually counterproductive and futile.

No property destruction is necessary or desired, ditto for assaulting the police.

But there does need to be a willingness to peacefully defy police authority. And an understanding that the right is going to paint all protest as violent no matter how peacefully it is done.

6 Likes