A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

I’d forgotten that.allegation.

Wikipedia

Sexual assault allegations
On December 30, 2014, a Florida court filing alleged Alan Dershowitz was one of several prominent figures to have participated in sexual activities with a minor; that filing alleged that Dershowitz had sex on several occasions with an underage girl later identified as Virginia Roberts,[91] employed by financier and convicted sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein.[92] Dershowitz, a personal friend of Epstein, had represented Epstein in his 2008 criminal conviction.

Dershowitz vehemently denied the allegations and challenged Roberts to make her claims under oath; on January 21, 2015, Roberts submitted a sworn declaration re-affirming the allegations.[93][94]

Dershowitz sought disbarment of the lawyers filing the suit[95] while lawyers representing the alleged victim countered by filing suit against Dershowitz for defamation.[96] That suit settled in 2016.[97] Dershowitz alleges unfairness in the United States legal system, saying lawyers can make false accusations against him or against other parties in court documents while the accused cannot sue for defamation due to litigation privilege.[98]

In April 2015, U.S. District Court Judge Kenneth A. Marra, presiding over a 2008 lawsuit seeking to re-open the Epstein case, ordered “sensational” allegations against Prince Andrew and Dershowitz stricken from the record as having no bearing on the lawsuit’s goal of re-opening the case.[99][100][101]

3 Likes

Late ETA:

Bless whoever has stepped up to rep her.

10 Likes

11 Likes

Given the handwringing (spin) on some outlets on how she destroyed the first responders’ holiday:

8 Likes

Here’s the original tweet for a bit of extra context (which makes the @AmandaAynDavis tweet even more awesome):

10 Likes

Oh please let one of them be the chucklefuck who was tossing M-80s on the train tracks outside my apartment at 12am and scaring the SHIT out of my babies.Seriously, I don’t even see how anyone can get excited enough about 4th of July to blow their dick off this year. I can barely summon the enthusiasm for America to light a sparkler.

ETA: In retrospect, I would love have lit a sparkler in solidarity with Therese Patricia Okoumou. Fuck yeah.

6 Likes

Annnnnd now this week in particular has two Mondays. Thanks for losing Great Britain. /s

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Talk to the hand Sessions.

7 Likes

And now she’s apparently being abandoned by the org that was using her in the first place.

SMH.

4 Likes

Make sure that they fill it with Helium.

1 Like
6 Likes

According to IMDB, Woods hasn’t worked very much for the last few years. He’s done some voice acting for an animated cartoon, and also for an upcoming video game.

2 Likes
7 Likes

UnknownHealthyCowbird-max-1mb

2 Likes
8 Likes

5 Likes

I don’t know if I should be putting this British petition here, but as Frank Field referred to Esther McVey’s (Secretary of State for Work and Pensions) lying as Trumpian I thought it would fit.

DPAC Petition to get McVey sacked for lying to parliament – please sign and share, share, share

We don’t normally do petitions – but if there is a chance of getting McVey sacked – even a slim chance – we’ll take it – so here goes

Please sign, share on social media, your email address book, with your friends, family, neighbours, ex-partners, loose acquaintances, in the post office, round the railway station, the bowls club, with next doors cat, anywhere – just share, share, share, share

We need to get this going big time and we need a big effort from everyone who sees this email

So please click this link (Petition · Disabled People Against Cuts demand McVey must go for lies over Universal Credit · Change.org) to go to the petition page and get signing and sharing ……

Share it with people who can sign it, and if you can too, please do.

6 Likes

This is simply delightful.

12 Likes

#resist

6 Likes