A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

Trump’s support was stronger amongst men, and there is a heavy current of violent misogyny flowing through fascist ideology and practice. But I’m not sure if I’d characterise the situation with gender on a par with race.

Trump was supported by the majority of white women. Gender is a major factor, but it appears to be overpowered by race.

3 Likes

I know I’ve probably posted this before, but her conclusion speaks directly to that idea of them being fascists:

Oh, me neither for sure. White women are privileged, too, no doubt. And many white women did in fact vote for trump. So yeah, I agree, race trumps gender.

6 Likes

For me, that’s the crux of the biscuit right there.

Sure Proud Boyz and Girlz, speak yer rotten, bigoted onions all you want, but don’t expect others to provide a legitimizing platform for it.

5 Likes

Same then as now:

Fascism is a middle-class pathology, based upon the suppression of the working class and the defence of fading privilege.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/kristinrawls/status/910335324798296064

I assure you that the activists of ADAPT are very aware of their history.

2 Likes

No need to go to Nazi Germany for that kind of thing…

3 Likes

As with much of the rest of it, the nazis were inspired by what they saw across the Pacific.

1 Like

This is actually a real good primer on how modern supremacy groups work, their fundamental hypocrisy, and how the groups never actually went away they just hid better. It talks about the loose organization of cells formed when the government targeted white supremacy groups (complete with yearly spaghetti dinners), how those groups rallied behind the modern leaders who know how to speak dog-whistles to white men, and why they shouldn’t be believed when they claim they don’t condone racism.

9 Likes

“Before he got elected, they were having issues with the African American vote,” 50 Cent told radio station Hot 97 in a recent interview the station shared online Tuesday. “They wanted to pay me $500,000 as part of the campaign to just make an appearance.” (A rep for the White House referred EW to the Trump campaign, which did not immediately respond to a request for comment about the rapper’s claim.)

The Power actor, real name Curtis Jackson, shared that he met Trump before the campaign and explained why he passed on the alleged offer. “I was like, ‘Nah, that’s not good money. Nah, I’m not going to do that,’” he said. “That’s not worth it!”

Elaborating on his views of Trump, 50 Cent said, “His presidency is an accident. If you were a president by accident, you might do some of the things Donald Trump is doing… I think he was [campaigning] to build his profile for a bigger deal on television, and everything else.”

When asked if Trump was “playing to the crowd” with his policy views, 50 Cent replied, “I think this is him.”

3 Likes
8 Likes
3 Likes

U.S. Air Force leadership stands for diversity, inclusion, dignity and respect within the Air Force, in the context of what’s happening in our country, name-checking Charlottesville and Ferguson. Those who can’t get with the program are told point blank to get out.

9 Likes
4 Likes

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/jemisha_johnson/status/914245636509372417

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/nycdsa/status/914318880159477760

1 Like
6 Likes

With the terrible news about the tragic American terrorist mass shooting in Las Vegas, I almost forgot my own small act of resistance to the hatred 45 has emboldened.

This morning on my way to work I noticed someone had ‘tagged’ a bench I was about to sit on;

It was covered in small swastikas that somebody had drawn boxes around, so they looked like tic tac toe squares on alternating bricks, along with the words ‘White Power.’

Someone else had crossed out the words and wrote FUCK YOU, BIGOTS beneath them.

I went one better; I took out my hand sanitizer that I keep in my purse and wiped off each tiny symbol of hate, including the words that had been scratched out.

But I left FUCK YOU, BIGOTS just as it was.

17 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes