A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

Sometimes something makes me feel a little hopeful:

Crowley’s first remarks were those of a professional who felt confident enough to not prepare — and who realized too late that he should have.

His opening pitch was also direct. This race, to him, isn’t just about local politics: He is running against Donald Trump.

But according to Ocasio-Cortez: “It’s not enough to fight Trump. We have to fight the issues that made his rise in the first place.”

12 Likes

A relevant thread:

6 Likes

How far we’ve come from Michael Moore presenting rational and reasoned arguments against W’s wars and empire building at the 2003 Oscars. Not only did he get booed out of the venue but had to endure a campaign of death threats and harassment.

Now DeNiro can go on stage, literally say “fuck Trump”, get a standing ovation, and a nothing more in the way of harassment than Trump insulting him on Twitter.

Progress?

8 Likes
7 Likes

I drive by that prison on the way to Chesapeake Bay on most weekends and I can tell you that Warsaw is a tiny blip of maybe 6 stop lights sitting in prime trumpian territory of corn and wheat fields and a Budweiser distribution center. If the prison has a VIP section it’s the only VIP section for miles around.

5 Likes

Praise be!

7 Likes

The more things change

The moran they stay the same

12 Likes

It does make a pretty good knell for the cross, if you ask me.

8 Likes

No Regerts.

9 Likes
8 Likes

The problem is still the Evangelicals, though. A much larger and more radical group.

3 Likes

Agreed. Southern Baptists are a huge force to be reckoned with in the South so, it’s a start. I’ll take it.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, no doubt, I’ll take it too. But I think the Baptists have been losing their flock to the Evangelicals for a while now. It probably explains why the leadership in the SBC has moderated the way it has.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for the evening news where they decry this terrible collapse of decency and decorum. By which I mean members of Congress swearing on Twitter.

9 Likes

Better than doing nothing:

8 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes

Note: Tampa DSA. It’s a national effort.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Not 45 related but still cool as fuck nevertheless:

9 Likes