A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

An alleged scheme to pay off women to fabricate sexual-assault allegations against Special Counsel Robert Mueller has been referred to the FBI for further investigation, a spokesman for the special counsel’s office told The Atlantic . “When we learned last week of allegations that women were offered money to make false claims about the Special Counsel, we immediately referred the matter to the FBI for investigation,” the spokesman, Peter Carr, told me in an email on Tuesday.

5 Likes
6 Likes

OH SHI-

8 Likes

Will Ferrell has already been doing it this week.

5 Likes

Randall Munroe made an interactive map of midterm challengers.

3 Likes
9 Likes

Quick rundown about those who oppose the UDC

2 Likes
11 Likes

Holy shit. And this is how the whole “deploying active duty troops to the border” thing ends up tragically, horribly wrong. BTW, are they actually claiming that even afterwards they did not realize exactly who was firing at whom? I grew up in WV and hunters shooting each other was fairly common, esp in turkey season, including one incident that lead to an exchange of fire, but never heard of one where they stuck to their story afterward.

4 Likes

No sympathy here, especially if they kept blaming immigrants afterward.

9 Likes

They were brave men who rose to the moment when under attack!

“After the alleged attack, a family friend setup a GoFundMe page stating that Mr Daughtery and his group were involved in a shoot-out with some illegal immigrants that were trying to steal his RV with his clients still inside it.

“The aliens were ambushing the RV that Walker and his wife. He was shot while trying to protect his hunters from the attack. Walker is a man of God and is now a hero,” Mr Miller wrote.“

Obviously- they’v got shitty aim too. But having missed - isn’t it the hunters responsiblity to track down your game and finish it off?

7 Likes

Pity that Darwinism was not in full effect; SMH.

4 Likes

“The world opposes every decision made by Trump,” Iranian state television quoted Khamenei, a Shia cleric with ultimate authority in Iran, as saying during a meeting with thousands of students.

Today I find myself, lifelong atheist, wholeheartedly agreeing with a fucking ayatollah. World is crazy.

14 Likes

I want to say if you haven’t voted yet or are going to tomorrow, still make the effort to go out to do so regardless of what i’m about to post here…

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/05/politics/early-voting-as-of-monday-morning/index.html

The Catalist records show the share of early voters under the age of 30 has increased substantially this year in many states, compared to the previous cycles.

In at least 10 states, voters under 30 make up a larger percent of the early vote this cycle than they did in 2014.

In four states – Texas, Georgia, Nevada and New Jersey – the share of the youth vote under 30 this cycle has roughly doubled compared with 2014.

9 Likes

TX & GA! Let there be hope.

4 Likes

Well that’s one way to pay off your student loans

6 Likes

Grifting is shady AF and generally criminal regardless of your politics.

6 Likes

Nawww, that is just wrong. A little bit funny just on a gullibility level but wrong nonetheless.

1 Like

I know I know (she knows it too and the donors had been refunded)

2 Likes

In 2020, there won’t be a Caravan.

In 2020, the Senate map will be a lot better for Democrats.

Oregon Democrats kicked ass last night. Defeated a raft of ballot measures, reelected the governor, got a supermajority in the legislature.

Reposting from another thread:

In 2020, Republicans will need to explain away the results of a year and a half of House investigations into the ethical rot of Trump’s cabinet appointees.

In 2020, Trump’s financial misdeeds, conflicts of interest, and possible Russian conspiring will be laid bare.

In 2020, there will be fewer angry, frightened elderly Boomers.

In 2020, there will be a whole bunch of angry, woke, young talented Democrats who have had a taste of victory and will be totally out of fucks running for office or supporting campaigns.

8 Likes