A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

10 Likes

Slogan isn’t “time to awoo a mate”, 0/10.

Seriously, though, that’s hilarious. :rofl:

2 Likes

Publicaly the WoO are putting a good face on it.

At the tail end of the page, a note explains that the domain is for sale for a $10,000 donation to Hate Free YEG, a grassroots campaign working to root out discrimination in Edmonton. Most recently, Grumpelt linked the site to a crowdfunding campaign aimed at removing hateful graffiti and creating inclusive events in the city.

In an email statement to StarMetro, Hate Free YEG said that it appreciates the gesture, but noted they have no dog in this fight.

5 Likes

Oh bless the heart of my fellow furries. :3

2 Likes

Found on Twitter.

Many uses. Save.

9 Likes

Dude, if you think quoting TLJ is going to sway anyone at all on the right you missed a lot of the buzz around that movie.

1 Like

Who said that was meant for anyone on the right?

That’s for us.

8 Likes

I fear that far too many of those who are still willingly associating with the right as it exists today are too far gone to be swayed by anything less than an 8 on the Richter scale.

4 Likes

Maybe not even then.

Some people are so utterly consumed by their hatred & zealotry that they will likely never have their ‘Come to Jesus’ moment, not even when facing down certain death.

5 Likes

so very, tragically true. i have a feeling if the second coming were to happen at a maga rally we’d see a 21st century, postmodern reenactment of the grand inquisitor sequence from “the brothers karamazov.”

5 Likes

If by “postmodern” you mean “beaten to death by a gleeful mob who think they’re attacking a Muslim”.

6 Likes

I doubt they’d even recognise the second coming that they keep praying for.

Personally, I like Sun Bak’s version of that sentiment. And if you want to quote something anethma to the right…

Damn we deserved more of that show.

2 Likes

Quick clarification;

Come to jesus’ can be a colloquialism which means "a moment of reckoning’. It doesn’t necessarily just refer to those who claim to believe in Christ.

In this particular instance, I wasn’t using the term in a religious sense.

7 Likes

i understood the way you were using the term.

it did give me a chance to do a riff off of dostoyevsky.

4 Likes
8 Likes

DC earns it’s reputation y’all

Resist! (hic hic up … burp…)

6 Likes

This is hilarious. Props to her!

8 Likes

Oh, I knew how you were using it. At the same time, they still wouldn’t recognise that they’d got what they wanted if it fell right into their lap.

It’s like someone holed up in their little burbclave (thank you, Neal Stephenson) ranting about how they don’t want any [insert ethnic slur here] in their neighbourhood, not realising that there aren’t any, because no one wants to be around them.

5 Likes
9 Likes

You’re a brave man, Stefan. Hope it’s still tasty!

5 Likes