A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

Wait, popcorn expires? I thought if it still popped it was fine.

3 Likes

I think the kernels themselves are fine for years. But packaged microwave popcorn contains oils and flavorings that could go bad.

I tossed those packages after I took the picture.

9 Likes

Ah! I use a hot air popper and keep a big bag of undated plain popcorn on top of the fridge.

3 Likes

We left some in the pantry and after a few months, they still popped, but the popped kernels were small and hull-y. IIRC they pop because of internal moisture, which evaporates over time.

2 Likes

I am ashamed of my weakness and misplaced loyalty – of the things I did for Mr. Trump in an effort to protect and promote him.

I am ashamed that I chose to take part in concealing Mr. Trump’s illicit acts rather than listening to my own conscience.

I am ashamed because I know what Mr. Trump is.

He is a racist.

He is a conman.

He is a cheat.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/27/us/politics/cohen-documents-testimony.html

7 Likes

The corn lives in our freezer. Never gets freezer burn because hull and 0% exterior moisture content.

2 Likes

“House Democrats are opening an investigation into what they say are abuses of power by President Donald Trump through his attacks on the courts, the Justice Department, the FBI and the media, according to a House official familiar with the plans.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-28/house-democrats-to-probe-trump-attacks-on-fbi-courts-media

Attempt to bring Sessions back into view?

5 Likes

Approximately 0% chance of passing the Senate, but get the bastards on record heading into 2020!

7 Likes
10 Likes

So what is the current state of the global popcorn supply? Because I fear it may be under insane pressure right about now.

5 Likes

Man, this comment thread is depressing. By which I mean it contains like 2 years of people pointing out obviously horrible shit and standing up to it in various ways and yet we still haven’t managed to do anything about it. God help us. I seriously think this republic hasn’t seen such an existential threat since the civil war.

5 Likes

Annnnd this is the “Resistance” thread, you should read the “Trumpian events” thread.

ConstantEasygoingArachnid-small

12 Likes

If you want depressing, try reading Black Lives Still Matter or Trump Inspired Assholes; don’t shit on this one.

I second that emotion.

This thread doesn’t dismay me, because it shows that at least some of us out there ARE still resisting and fighting, instead of just giving up, laying down and waiting to be walked upon.

12 Likes

BTW I left you some cake.

8 Likes

A key House Democrat revealed Friday evening that staffers of the Financial Services Committee were coordinating with attorneys at Deutsche Bank in order to obtain President Donald Trump’s past financial dealings with the institution and investigate any potential wrongdoing, including money laundering.

That’ll make a good double-check against his tax statements, because if he’s ever filed an honest return, I’ll take a FF through a rolling donut.

9 Likes

Exactly. I am sure that he has had his lawyers try and cover up his dirty laundry for the past two years. There will be loose ends.

7 Likes

“Tomorrow we will be issuing document requests from over 60 different people from the White House, to the Department of Justice, Donald Trump Jr., Allen Weisselberg to begin the investigations to present the case to the American people about obstruction of justice, corruption and abuse of power,” -Nadler

tumblr_mvto9j7flw1qk08n1o1_500

7 Likes

You and me both, kid.

2 Likes

Not spoken about in 150 years except for all those times people have constantly been talking about it for the past 150 years, mostly from the same types of demogouges the article quotes. Their entire careers have been talking about preparing for Civil War and how that means Christian Republicans must buy guns and vote to prevent it. And since you in particular have been in a both sides kick, the article literally points out how these interviewees shift to those topics:

Speaking to conservative pundit Laura Ingraham, diGenova summed up his best advice to friends: “I vote, and I buy guns. And that’s what you should do.”

9 Likes

Uh, what?