A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

14 Likes

“ Retired four-star Air Force Gen. Chuck Boyd is one of hundreds of military voices speaking out against President Trump this election. Late last month, Boyd, who fought in Vietnam and spent seven years there as a prisoner of war, joined nearly 500 national security leaders who endorsed Democrat Joe Biden.

In a video endorsement, Boyd says that ever since he returned from Vietnam, he has been a Republican, “but quietly.” He goes on: “I fervently believe that military officers should not get involved in presidential politics, even when retired. But this year is different.”

That’s because, Boyd tells NPR, he thinks Trump is a danger to democracy.

“As I watched him over the years, my unease with his presidency has increased. It increased to the point that I believe that our democracy will be in shatters by the time he has served two terms,” Boyd says. “While I am reticent about getting involved in presidential politics by any military men, in this case, keeping out of the political process is something I don’t feel like I can do.”

13 Likes
14 Likes

I agree with many of the commenters in that thread. So many assholes are going to abuse this system.

10 Likes
19 Likes
15 Likes

dck3a

20 Likes

Yay! Maybe let the voters speak, eh?
Gotta love the NewSpeak “election integrity” moniker.

15 Likes

12 Likes

I swear to dog, but today’s Republican shenanigans make the attempted bugging of the Democratic HQ at the Watergate seem quaint.

14 Likes

21 Likes

No wall for you!

16 Likes

Can we please make Samuel L. Jackson President?

15 Likes

Roger that!

Hmmm… I was trying to paste that scene from Pulp Fiction to start at 1:05 but it’s not working…try this:

8 Likes

Fixed. :wink:

And because you can never have too much SLJ…

Godel

12 Likes

I’ll just leave this in here…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGItLILjQnr/?utm_source=ig_embed

Jeff wants you to vote! Any way he can. :wink:

17 Likes

It is still an iconic image!

19 Likes

wow. what an impressive chain of thoughts leading to this. love it.

11 Likes

10 out of 10 possible Goldblums!

12 Likes
5 Likes