A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

8 Likes
9 Likes

Pompeo vs. Flynn?

10 Likes

Perfection.

1 Like

The side effect of that article and the linked XKCDs is I’m now singing “bookshelf, doctor, ninja, icebox!” to the TMNT theme.

5 Likes
15 Likes

from https://www.facebook.com/thelanguageofpainting/

9 Likes

Honestly, I feel like this; if he’s so damn certain that there was such wide spread “voter fraud” then let’s just do the entire election over again.

15 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes

Here’s a version of that clip that isn’t a screener.

10 Likes
12 Likes
10 Likes

Just got back from the Moral March in Raleigh. Saw reports that the crowd was 80k(!?), which I have a hard time believing - I would have guessed 18k, but it was impossible to tell from within the march. Wish I’d started cataloging earlier, but I will say that people were fired up and Rev Barber’s speech was absolutely worth it.

Lots of excellent takes on the ‘She Persisted’ theme that I managed to miss entirely. Also saw an excellent “I AM SPARTACUS” sign held up followed shortly thereafter by a “NO, I AM SPARTACUS” held up immediately adjacent to the first.

22 Likes

Dang! I had not heard about #MoralMarch. Big kudos to Woke North Carolina.

12 Likes

Do it.

14 Likes

https://twitter.com/lauraolin/status/826420454739042304

5 Likes

This suggests something activists can do: hold “Where’s $REPR_NAME Town Hall” meetings. If he/she doesn’t show, it highlights the fact that they’re not there, gives alternates a chance to listen and speak and lead and builds a community that someone else is at the center of – very threatening to a politician.

And if they show? Well hey, welcome to our event. Game on. It’s Q&A time.

14 Likes

I love that idea.

There needs to be a guide to publicising these events. Who to call, how to make a press release, the kind of speakers to invite.

2 Likes

Yeah, definitely. I’d like to see this done a lot. (If a dessert existed that made me feel like I feel about this idea, it’d be called Puckish Delight.)

This must have been done in the past – shaming representatives into showing up can’t be a new idea – but it seems super-relevant now with the news about representatives dodging their constituents.

1 Like