A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

Apparently Joaquin Castro is thinking of running against Ted Cruz next year.

8 Likes

Good Night, Happy Warriors.

3 Likes

“You want to be a legitimate President, sir? Then act like one.”

11 Likes
25 Likes
13 Likes

Fun fact: “POTUS”, pronounced as a word, sounds like “pautas”, Lithuanian slang for a bollock. Also, “trump-” is a root meaning “short”. Use this at your own discretion.

8 Likes

Not specifically trump, but still pretty clever resistance.

19 Likes

Yesterday, my daughter noticed the latest Economist cover, which has a profile of Trump wearing pink lipstick and a profile of Putin with a pink lipstick kiss on his cheek. She laughed and said “what if we 'shipped them? what would their name be?” Her first thought was “Trumpin”. But her second thought was “Poop” and we agreed it was perfect!

18 Likes

O_O

Dang, I guess I’m sheltered, cuz that seems crazy. (Though also a glimpse of the future, if we let Betsy Devo get her way.)

6 Likes

Well, it is Utah. Their primary exports since frontier times have been Borax and regressive social policy.

5 Likes

One of my favorite resistance examples to abstinence-only sex ed:

9 Likes

Ah, Wokegiant has a twitter account now:

16 Likes

21 Likes

A modest proposal:

Donald Trump and the steam-driving tweetbot

Amass a db of Trump’s tweets, especially when and the first tweet of the day. Try to build a predictive model that can give a good ball park of when Trump’s first tweet of the day will happen.

Five minutes before that time:

• If he’s already tweeted, tweet amazement that he’s already up, is something wrong?, did he get any sleep?
  • If he hasn’t tweeted, a sarcastic remark that old guys need their sleep, did he get lost on the way back from the bathroom again, is he dead yet?, etc.
  • At the end of the day, post his tweet stats and if he’s trending up or down.

There would have to be a huge stockpile of both kinds of remarks to keep it fresh, topical, and really really annoying.

With luck and a good model, the tweet would be just as he’s catching up on Twitter in the morning. The goal is to annoy him enough that he tries to beat the tweetbot for first tweet. The trap is that as he posts earlier, the bot’s prediction would also shift earlier. Eventually he’s going to be up all night or someone will smash his phone.

9 Likes

Oh, that’s sweet.

Tweeting that now!

1 Like

Good Night, Happy Warriors.

Our weapons are Truth, Justice, and The American Way.

And the terrible swift sword of righteous mockery.

14 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

Plenty of good stuff by that writer; thanks for bringing her to my attention.

13 Likes