A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

3 Likes

I stand and resist this demogogue and authoritarian asshat.

He’s nutty.

He’s daft.

He’s completely unqualified for POTUS.

Remove him NOW!

Impeach this clown, a.s.a.p. or f.u.b.a.r., seriously. People are getting pissed off, America. People used to aspire to become America, and now they fear us; fuck that. America was, and is, a loving nation, man. We are standing tall still, for these fuckbars won’t ruin America for stupidity, I swear it. shield

1 Like

I’ve been thinking this one through. The best way to get rid of him is to force him to resign. How to accomplish that I’m not clear on, but I think it’s the best and easiest route to accomplish.

11 Likes

Agreed.

Mandatory mental health assessment.

Dementia focus.

Now.

For America.

1 Like

I’d like to see the press get up and silently walk out of any presser, etc. at the first utterance of an alternate fact.

10 Likes

We could probably use some RESIGN! art too.

11 Likes

Apparently there is no clear constitutional guide for a health based issue to make a president step down. I think it probably needs to be something that he is afraid will come out in an impeachment proceeding.

5 Likes

Amendment 25, article 4, gives mushy guidelines. Rep. Blumenauer of Oregon is pushing a bill to clarify this:

9 Likes

To me, there’s no question.

The WHCD shouldn’t exist. Or at the very least the President shouldn’t attend.

It is going to be horrendous this year. Trump will be just as he was at that Catholic fundraiser thing before the election, and Blizter et al will sit there and take it.

4 Likes

The WHCD should have been discontinued after Stephen Colbert’s appearance during the GWBush administration, because that performance was the funniest, most daring, and inspiring example of Speaking Truth To Power in modern history. How could you possibly follow up?

11 Likes

OK, I deleted the post because I’m trying to fit in better and it didn’t reinforce sosumi’s point the way it could have. I thought about deleting it as a reply and reposting it on its own (not a reply) but that would trigger the “post too similar too soon” error, so I said screw it, I’ll just delete it and see if I still feel like saying it later. But since ya’ll responded to it, here it is again.

I’ve seen some debate about whether the press/media should even attend the White House Correspondents’ Dinner. To me, there’s no question, they must attend. The first rule of politics is, you must show up. You have to represent, and at that dinner the press have a chance to represent whenever Trump lies or touches on freedom of the press. Having been branded enemies of the American people, just showing up says, it’s not just about you, Trump, we’re here too. They have the chance to make it the most historic WHCD ever, and following Colbert that’s saying a lot, but these are extraordinary times.

Of course, Trump also has the chance to make it the most historic WHCD ever, but that would be in the Saddam Hussein locking-all-the-doors-and-tapping-on-the shoulder sense.

10 Likes

It’s be nice if he started, you know, showing any opposition to Trump in the Senate.

9 Likes

Shine on:

9 Likes

After several instances of disappointment, I finally realized that there’s John McCain the brand and John McCain the person. McCain the brand is ‘standing up’ to Trump’s desire to surround himself with yes-men while McCain the person votes for their confirmation.

Some ‘maverick’.

15 Likes

This is pointless, given May’s fawning subservience to Trump, but it’s funny anyway.

16 Likes

I’m really not surprised to see Claire McCaskill at 50% on that list. Halfway between right-of-center Democrat, and fucking insane off-in-the-weeds Republican. She was at the Women’s March for a photo op, right before she complained about “disorderly” protestors.

9 Likes
25 Likes
14 Likes

Tuesday morning, the liberal leader of the liberal West Coast city will use his state of the city speech — delivered at a mosque in North Seattle

Ah, hitting all the right notes to turn deplorables into basket-cases…

10 Likes

I really love Trumpadamus’ prophetic nature:

25 Likes