A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

The only thing rarer than a Scottsman is a conservative.

8 Likes

And that Spencer guy was physically ejected from CPAC. This might just get very entertaining.

8 Likes

Yeah, I think I’d pay to see that.

14 Likes

RE: Punching…

2 Likes

I’m actually entirely okay with this, if it means that party-line Republican congressfolks will stop supporting Trump’s alt-right agenda.

5 Likes

Gabby Giffords on the Congress-critters who are avoiding their constituants:

24 Likes

Because they literally believe that all things bad are liberal (or progressive, or whatever).

12 Likes

Oh I get that. That’s nothing new. I’m just hoping this battle between old and new conservatives escalates to the boiling point. Nothing so sweet as watching them turn on each other.

7 Likes

The “Nazis were left wing” line has been a standard conservative trope for a long time. Nonsense and easily refuted, but since when do we expect sense from those guys?

What is different is that these particular Nazis were ardent supporters of the president, and connected with a key presidential advisor.

So, get some popcorn.

9 Likes

Honestly, though, what bothers me is how that’s trickled down into non-ideological places. Just like the idea that slavery maybe wasn’t so bad and was not the cause of the civil war.

15 Likes
9 Likes

8 Likes

That BS has been around a while too. What is happening now is that the nut-jobs are a lot more visible; they were emboldened by Trump’s win and crawling out from under the rocks where they’d been hiding since the Civil Rights era.

Time to smack them down. Again.

8 Likes

16 Likes

But not before outing them and making sure their views and actions are publicized and denounced so that anyone wishing to forgive them needn’t forget.

Does that sound divisive? Good. It’s meant to. If you suck that much as a human being, your fellow travellers deserve to know about you.

11 Likes

I just had a new front door installed by a guy from a rural part of my state who upon completion asked me to “pray for Trump”. I told him thanks for the door work. Good job. But, God has nothing to do with Mr. Trump. Indeed quite the opposite. I told him and that Trump really wasn’t working in the interest of working guys like him. He paused and looked at me and said he was really a Democrat. As he drove off I saw a Trump Pence sticker on the back of the truck next to NRA sticker that was made to look like a vacation spot decal.

Not so much a resistance story but rather another odd interaction with a Trump supporter.

15 Likes

I can totally see Trump accepting one of the Nine.

6 Likes

Tax Day Rally, April 15th!
Hopefully there will be local marches as well.

11 Likes

21 Likes
9 Likes