A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

The two towers they should be referring to are Minas Morgul and Dol Goldur.

I don’t know if those are the ones they’re showing.

And isn’t Isengard in Rohan?

3 Likes

Pretty sure that’s orthanc around the 42 second mark.

This could get very complicated very fast. I had a look on the lotr wikia. Some maps appear to show it in enedwaith and other maps don’t show it at all.

1 Like

It’s Rohan-adjacent.

5 Likes

11 Likes

16 Likes

Today’s resistance:
:cat: Made arrangements at the local fabric and craft store to have a weekly stitch-n-bitch session for making pussyhats,
:cat: Gave a pussyhat to a sister to wear at tomorrow’s demonstration for the new Health Care Act, and
:cat: Attended the protest after I got off work. I didn’t have a protest sign, so I just stood there knitting.

Edited: correction. Just found out what tomorrow’s action is about. Can’t go myself, but proud I could help.

:cat: still knitting

19 Likes

That’s an awesome protest. Shades of the women at the guillotine. :smiling_imp:

8 Likes
19 Likes

Going to an LGBTQIA+ march and rally tomorrow in St. Louis. This weekend is also Mardi Gras, which is a big deal here. That should be interesting.

Missouri has a bathroom bill in the works and I was going to make a “URINE DENIAL” pun sign, but I’ll just carry my enby pride flag instead.

12 Likes

13 Likes

29 Likes

Not if he’s hung for treason first!

4 Likes

Saving that for tweeting.

3 Likes

Today’s civic engagement thing is going to one of Senator Wyden’s town hall.

If the crowd is anything like Merkley’s, last month, it will be standing room only.

8 Likes
20 Likes
24 Likes

I was at work in town the other day, and there was a protest down the street. I saw it out the window. The smattering of pink hats was pretty great.

11 Likes

http://www.hillarybeattrump.org

15 Likes

10 Likes

I often fantasize about ‘sliding’ to a parallel dimension where the Clusterfuck of 2016 didn’t happen.

22 Likes