A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

6 Likes

How is this “resistance?”

7 Likes

depends what you think of ellison and perez. The DNC would be a useful asset for the resistance, wouldn’t it.

3 Likes

Only if it gets some “act right.”

9 Likes

Me since November:

18 Likes

@Melizmatic and @AcerPlatanoides: Yes, exactly! (And I watched both Sliders and Quantum Leap back in the day.)

15 Likes

Right?

Never before have I actually envied Dr. Sam Beckett’s dilemma.

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/quantum-leap-mirror.gif?w=650

Same here; though like most shows I’ve seen, I came to QL late, after it was in syndication.

6 Likes

12 Likes

Their chemistry on screen was awesome.

9 Likes

I suffer from Global Capgras Syndrome, where I have the delusion that my species has been replaced by an identical-looking, but inferior impostor.

Or is it a delusion…?

14 Likes

I’m back from the march I mentioned, and have decided that marches like this are for the young and the more adventurous.

There was a plan, and everything was fine while we stuck to it. I was glad to basically come out as nonbinary to the general public instead of just online and among friends, and wave a big flag (which many people had to ask about) and march in solidarity.

But then things continued, and we played follow the leader all over downtown, not knowing where we were walking or why, as the group got more aggressive about blocking traffic. (Most of the people being blocked were good-natured about it, cheering us on. Some were not. I’m afraid I got more confrontational with one of the latter than I like to see in myself; I actually sympathized with the guy’s situation but he said a few things that, in the context of the march that he wasn’t a willing part of, were infuriating.) Eventually something happened – I didn’t see what – and 3 people got arrested. And then someone chased by three cops was running toward me… and one of the cops dropped his gun, which he had apparently drawn and was in the process of aiming at the runner’s back (and therefore, also aiming in my general direction) and it clattered along the street.

So, uh. That’s a big nope. I’m done. I will resist in other ways; I will support progressive politicians and groups, will donate money to progressive causes and legal defense funds and continue to mock Chump and badger my basically useless representatives and so forth. And I’ll probably have nightmares about watching a kid shot right in front of me, even though it didn’t actually happen.

19 Likes

Ah, here’s the incident.

Amy Jade, a local trans activist, accidentally backed into a cop on a bike. Who then grabbed her and pulled her to the ground and other cops joined in beating her. Also shows one of the other women who was arrested.

https://twitter.com/southards_3/status/835591271615954947

10 Likes
18 Likes

That sounds kind of crappy but I’m glad you found a place where you could be you. I vote for more that, less danger.

10 Likes

Way crowded at Senator Wyden’s town hall:

He stayed about an hour late, answering questions.
This was a friendly crowd; lots of angry liberals clapping and stomping.

22 Likes

Alt-Gondor

9 Likes
5 Likes
13 Likes

Gov Sununu is pushing back a bit: https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/835480720218927104

Oregon’s Attorney General, a Republican, also pushed back for proof of voter fraud.

Trump’s claims are earning him a lot of rolled eyes.

At his town hall meeting today, Sen. Wyden promoted, several times, his effort to make Vote By Mail – Oregon’s system – the national standard. This would eliminate many of the ways that states use to suppress the vote, and most of the venues for voter fraud.

It would be a real long shot, for the very reason that it would make it difficult to suppress voter turn out. Republicans would hate it.

13 Likes