A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

I saw some headline that implied Trump’s personal visit to the House resulted in more No’s…

Edit:
Trump’s Hard Sell on Health Care Hasn’t Worked — At Least Not Yet - NBC News

Yesterday morning, we wrote that 17 House Republicans opposed or leaned strongly against the GOP health-care plan that's scheduled for a vote Thursday. Then President Trump visited Capitol Hill and appeared to threaten GOP lawmakers, saying that they could lose re-election in the 2018 midterms if they vote against the GOP health-care bill, NBC's Leigh Ann Caldwell writes. After that visit, the number of Republicans opposing or leaning strongly against the legislation grew to 27, per NBC News' count — when Trump and GOP leaders can't afford more than 21 defections.
10 Likes

Tides go in, tides go out, you :point_right: can’t explain that.

5 Likes

See also below. Cannot technology today. :blush:

19 Likes

I think in general people don’t respond well to threats – vague or direct. And that’s what his visit was – not one of outreach, one of threats. He’s used to saying what he wants people to do then having them do it. I look forward to his tantrums on the matter.

ETA: typso

8 Likes

Congressional thought balloon: “Dear God, this guy is a fucking boob. I can’t wait until he signs the tax cut. Then we impeach his ass.”

8 Likes

ETA: I know what he wants is something even more draconian, but one battle at a time. A good vote for bad reasons is still a good vote.

2 Likes

Referenced article:

12 Likes

8 Likes

14 Likes

omg omg omg omg omg eyebleach!

ahhhhh.

10 Likes

Environmental regulations and protections are such a drag when you’re just trying build more coal plants and oil pipelines, ya know?

10 Likes

Bunch of fucking shit-for-brains republicans are

15 Likes
6 Likes

Bullshit like this makes me super sweary and generally angry. Like, want to punch him with an old International Harvester school bus full of nitroglycerin barrels, angry.

12 Likes
26 Likes

Patty Murray (or at least her social media coordinator) knows how to throw shade.

12 Likes

@critter - You OK?

15 Likes

14 Likes

Then there’s this guy:

11 Likes

I agree, fuck carrots.

I am giving up the orange fuckers in resistance to Trump and not for any reason besides that.

7 Likes