A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

It’s worth a try. When’s the next big rain storm in your area?

7 Likes

I’m just impressed he learned from Occupy Wall Street. Protests are supposed to be the carrot guiding a politician into action, but protests fail to bring in votes or other options in many cases. However, when it does work it works exceedingly well.

5 Likes

It rains a lot in the Portland area, but rarely gets stormy. Maybe the coast, or up the Columbia Gorge.

But really, this summoning deserves to be done in a whopping big Greenhouse Effect generated mega-storm on the East Coast, so Beast Fred can get right to work grabbing key White House and congressional figures, stranding them on a high mountain top, and giving them a lesson that. Cannot. Be. Ignored.

9 Likes

What, you think making him president would make him actually give a fuck about the country?

21 Likes

If Caroline Lucas can manage both, then other people can too.

She still protests as an elected politician. We need more of that on the left.

11 Likes

And one of Oregon’s senators joined the travel ban protest at the Portland airport, and I’m pretty sure that Merkley, Wyden and my rep Bonamici were in on the Womens’ March.

I think White has a sound central point: For the really passionate advocate for change, involvement has to go beyond protests. You need to become part of the system, and engage in the nitty-gritty give-and-take of politics.

That’s not for everyone. Sure as heck not for me.

6 Likes

25 Likes

21 Likes
10 Likes

We get wind storms, thunderstorms, snow storms, ice storms, and the odd tiny tornado. I’ll risk any one to attempt the summons.

11 Likes

16 Likes

I disagree. I protest once a week, in person. I’ve met the most wonderful people, and we now do other things to resist. We are each other’s sidekicks in so many resistance project, but we still get together once a week, and hold signs, sing songs, and hatch new plans.

14 Likes

hahaha Not doing much for his form

5 Likes

"History is not on your side."

14 Likes
14 Likes

Still just a step, but the restraining order is now a preliminary injunction.

14 Likes
7 Likes

Now, we just need the conflict of interest with 45 enriching himself from the visits to get investigated (I assume that would take an act of Congress?) Perhaps the Dems can get the tGOP (freedom cocks) to join up on that one?

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/28/521823473/gao-agrees-to-review-costs-of-trumps-trips-to-mar-a-lago

12 Likes
16 Likes
4 Likes