A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

6 Likes

Oh, wow:

Just six fireflies
Beeping randomly in jar
There is no there there

15 Likes

This would be more fun to watch if Trump was the leader of the far-away island of Altlantis.

4 Likes

I fear Pence was the GOP plan all along. yay, theocratic bigotry

7 Likes

BOOOOOM!

5 Likes

Nah. They just got “lucky” with Pence. They (and the rest of the world, including Trump) thought Hillary would win, so their “plan” was to oppose her. Although I must say, if that were their plan, they are brilliant.

2 Likes

I’m trying to figure out why I’m not convinced that this will pull down Trump. I don’t think he’ll last his full term, but with a Republican Congress…are things really getting bad enough to turn enough of them against him?

I’m rethinking Pence a bit; he could be a short term lame duck, like Ford was, thanks especially to the deep tarnishing of the Republican brand by a disgraceful trump downfall.

Then again, Trump could get us all blown up.

The future seems very tough to predict, ugh.

7 Likes

Trump’s popularity with the public, and international standing, and respect among the intelligence community (and military?) is spiraling in.

Eventually the Republicans will have to ditch him. Trump’s loyal core is not the whole Republican base. They’re going to lose the House, and may even lose a few Senate seats.

The question is: How untouched is Pence by all this? He came into the campaign relatively late in the game, and seems to have been left out of the loop in a lot of things.

So, not involved in the scandal . . . but also will come across as a total ignorant tool because he wasn’t paying attention, or objecting.

4 Likes

He was also the head of the transition team. He’s going to try to get out of this by playing dumb, but he was in charge of vetting and staffing the administration.

5 Likes

I hope he comes out of this looking clueless, or with sufficient evidence for getting him impeached.

The thought of President Ryan is just marginally less nauseating than President Pence, but I’d take that just to “only” have to fight to preserve Social Security and Medicare, rather than those and a woman’s right to vote and who know what else Mr. Purity has in mind.

9 Likes

At the risk of igniting another round of the condiment wars…

9 Likes

“No matter what is revealed, he remains standing. Facts, reality, brains cannot defeat him. Even when he commits a self-inflicted wound, he gets up the next morning and keeps going and tweeting. That all ends with this movie.” - M. Moore

Regardless of how people might feel about Mr Moore, I have a feeling this might be a good watch.

10 Likes

Should Trump be removed from office, giving us President Pence, he would get to nominate his VP; they’d become president if he was also removed. But I think Pence is wisely keeping very quiet, trying to stay as visibly untouched from all of this as possible.

9 Likes

They have sent Pence far far away from the stink. Obviously trying to keep a fresh clone ready.

7 Likes

Michael Moore is the quintessential example of someone who undermines their own good work by being so over-the-top that it’s hard to take them seriously, despite the fact they’re usually 100% right.

14 Likes

Exactly. I too wish that he would just dial it down it down to an 8 or a 9 instead of 11. We’d all be better off.

8 Likes

He seems to be having a good time on his little vacation! He’d better be careful while romping with horses, though; I heard a man died from that one time.

13 Likes

I can’t tell if that’s his dietary preference or he’s a Mr. Hands wannabe.

8 Likes

Mr Hands was precisely the horse enthusiast I had in mind, but on the other hand, Mike Pence might have the tightest ass in human existence.

10 Likes

There was a 9/11 Truther “documentary” that I saw once and after sitting through it, I thought two things:

1. If they’d toned down their rhetoric a bit
  2. Left out the “proof” that was really sketchy and took a LOT to believe

They may have had a persuasive argument. At least one that could be debated.

But as it was, the over the top style and linking of whatever coincidental bit of flim-flam brought their argument down to where it was easily dismissable. (IMHO)

5 Likes