A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Um yeah, likely soā€¦

nudgenudgewinkwink etc.

Figures. Ā 

1 Like
5 Likes

Goddamn this is just awful.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/07/03/us/detention-center-letters-grassroots-leadership/index.html

They told us our kids would be adopted by other people.

You fucking monsters.

11 Likes

Her take on how Americaā€™s celebrity obsession plays into the Trump movement

4 Likes
11 Likes

JFC. Itā€™s because the shitgibbon thinks breast feeding is disgusting, isnā€™t it?

5 Likes

Iā€™m guessing itā€™s because American manufacturers of formula pushed him on the issue.

11 Likes

Thatā€™s true, too, but bet they didnā€™t need to make a case for it.
https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/politics/trump-breast-pump-statement/index.html

ā€œHe got up, his face got red, he shook his finger at me and he screamed, ā€˜Youā€™re disgusting, youā€™re disgusting,ā€™ and he ran out of there,ā€ attorney Elizabeth Beck told CNNā€™s Alisyn Camerota on Wednesday morning.

Trumpā€™s people spinned it, but basically confirmed it.

8 Likes

I donā€™t know. I guess that played a part, but I honestly donā€™t think everything they do is about Trumpā€™s ego. Iā€™m sure his personal disgust with a natural function played a role, but Iā€™m guessing industry helped too.

Sad thing is, the fucking Russians had to step in and push the measure forward. RUSSIA is defending productive health measures here.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s basically what the article says.

Then the United States delegation, embracing the interests of infant formula manufacturers, upended the deliberations.

6 Likes

@ficuswhisperer & @Mindysan33
Iā€™m not disagreeing, but hereā€™s what I pictured as soon as I read the articleā€¦no, as soon as I read the headline. :wink:

Aide: Your Majesty, the formula manufacturers petition Your Grace to oppose a World Health Assembly resolution.

shitgibbon: Whatā€™s it about?

Aide: Breast-feeding is healthier for infants than formula, Your Highness.

shitgibbon: DONā€™T SAY THAT WORD, DONā€™T EVER SAY THAT WORD!11!!!

Aide: Breast-feeding, Sire?

shitgibbon: [puts fingers in ears] LA LA LA LA, I CANā€™T HEAR YOUUUU!!!11!

(Edited due to incorrect name)

5 Likes

This guy is broken.

3 Likes

6 Likes
13 Likes

Continuing discussion from:
https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/scott-pruitt-quits-epa-after-corruption-exposed-by-staffers-his-resignation-letter-to-trump-is-bonkers/123991/137?u=ficuswhisperer

Iā€™m not sure how this has Penceā€™s claws on it. Are Xtians like him now also opposed to breast feeding, too?

No, itā€™s just big business meddling as usual and the Trump admin happily going with whatever policies benefit the campaign donors.

6 Likes

Regarding Michael Miselisā€¦

As with everything else, the core issue is bigger and older than just Trump.

7 Likes

Looks like someone at Northrop Grumman woke up?

2 Likes

Was flipping around the channels last night when I stumbled across this trainwreck

Apparently itā€™s some sort of spin off of the Eric Andre show thatā€™s also produced by him. I didnā€™t know what was worse, it show itself or all the the stereotypes of millennials spouted off by the focus group made of older conservatives (episode 3).

The worse part? At the end of the second episode I watched they had a promo of next weekā€™s episode that shown that Ann Coulter was going to be a guest on it. Really donā€™t know if I should feel sorry for her :worried:

2 Likes

I think WHO favors breastfeeding more strongly than evidence suggests, but the idea of the US threatening military and economic conflict against Ecuador to drop a breastfeeding resolution is horrifying. It also shows that our ā€œdiplomacyā€ is getting more extreme in a short period of time, which is always a good sign.

Not shocking, even this much distance inbetween and right-wing media hasnā€™t figured out how to spin in yet. Probably the only topic they remain silent on so far.

5 Likes