A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

I don’t deny for a second that a lot of the attacks on her are misogynist and homophobic and anyone who partakes can go fuck themselves and the focus should be on the entire Met of course, but when the person at the top won’t accept that the organisation they work for is still institutionally racist despite all the evidence then i think it is legit to question that person’s competence. The buck stops with her, doesn’t it? But by all means all the corruption below her should be brought to light.

You are missing the point.

3 Likes

Well yeah, i entirely agree as i said in the other thread.

Phone Call Reaction GIF

How difficult is it to just be a decent human being when dating and not play these stupid games?

15 Likes

Women are our own worst enemies. If we banded together and stayed loyal to the sisterhood, the world would be transformed.

7 Likes

Of course, the article doesn’t really say who founded the reddit, so maybe it’s a bunch of dudes…?

8 Likes
12 Likes

tailor their personalities and engineer their dating life in order to get what they want from men

Not if what they want is genuine affection and respect for who they really are :roll_eyes:

Reminds me of that old, “The Rules: How to Meet and Marry the Man of your Dreams,” only way darker and more predatory.

13 Likes

I tried that. They still wouldn’t leave me alone.

14 Likes

Marilyn Monroe Laughing GIF

11 Likes

“It’s infuriating as a female,” said one parent who wishes to remain anonymous so as not to jeopardize her employment. “Other sports teams were represented in the protest — hundreds of students were protesting — but the volleyball team was on the front line. “If you can’t punish them all, you can’t punish any.”

Well, if there are females to punish, I mean, this was a manly man doing manly things like sexually assaulting women. We just can’t have females protesting things like that, now can we? (/s)

13 Likes

A long article about a serial abuser at LSU focused on a woman struggling to get some form of justice and prevent future assaults. Despite years of harassment and multiple rape allegations against him nothing was done, and when he finally was going to go to trial a judge allowed him to fly home to France where he unsurprisingly stayed. The story hits on so many problems with police not investigating, prosecutors not prosecuting, judges indifferent, and generally men in power supporting and defending a rapist. Worth reading, but infuriating

12 Likes

Moi8Rpr

Always a red flag for shittiness.

8 Likes

Now they are considering consequences for the enablers in law enforcement… :weary:

11 Likes

People claim that there isn’t enough punishment when sexual abuse and assault happens, forgetting that there’s ALWAYS punishment meted out…to the victims.

13 Likes

Cross post from Good, Encouraging Things. Gotta spread the good news around these days.

8 Likes

Iranian authority mandates pregnant women be reported to prevent ‘criminal abortions’

Activists say the policy also aims to increase the country’s population.

10 Likes
9 Likes
16 Likes

I’ve been reading some of the opinion but I won’t have time to read all 113 pages till at least later today. I love the use of “pregnant persons” and the second footnote “the Court recognizes that not all pregnant people identify as women.” And entire pages of actual science on how an embryo develops.

ETA: the Slate article gives a good overview of the ruling. Not very long either

12 Likes