A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Wonder what he would’ve thought if she just “got a bit excited” right back at his face…

10 Likes

Hey, that’s what she gets for being within reach.

:roll_eyes: :unamused: :rage:

11 Likes

“I want to know why I’m so reluctant to be in my natural state.”

Anam Cara
“A Prickly State”

7 Likes

The nearby passengers watched, and didn’t do ANYTHING to help.

10 Likes

I hope it’s possible to ID those people and charge them with failure to report or something similar. I couldn’t find any PA laws regarding bystanders that didn’t lead back to Good Samaritan statues written about medical intervention or drug crimes.

Angry Fran Lebowitz GIF by NETFLIX

13 Likes

Fucking gutless cowards.

12 Likes

I mean, to manage to assault her in that way, he’d have to be facing her. Damn straight I’d have brought something heavy down on the back of his head.

12 Likes

Exactly!!!
And instead, no one could even be bothered to call it in!
I despair.

12 Likes

Holy shit. People suck. Bystander Effect? Afraid he could be armed? Recollection of what happened in PNW when folks did intervene and got killed for it? OK, I guess… But why didn’t one of them pull out their omnipresent phone and call for help?

12 Likes
13 Likes

I intentionally left out “no one gave a damn,” but I guess that’s also possible.

9 Likes

chapter1

10 Likes

I can’t put my finger on this, but they went out of their way to make it seem like the author was a woman, which was played up as part of the reason for all the acclaim:

11 Likes

They were like, “Take that, George Eliot!” Not realizing the vastly different situation they found themselves in, compared to her…

7 Likes

1908, such a treat to hate-read. (The Atlantic works well with the simple hack of opening it in a private/incognito window.)

10 Likes

“Showed YOU James Tiptree Jr!”

7 Likes

I went to read this, forgot that it’s from 1908, and blew a gasket! :grin: It was still fucked up in 1908, of course, and plenty of feminists of their time railed against… Red Emma comes to mind…

resist emma goldman GIF by Amy

9 Likes

Archive.is has become my simple go to. I just leave it open in a tab.

9 Likes

It’s in my toolbar!

7 Likes

A post about the history of flawed obesity research and resulting facile conclusions reminded me of this piece on The Daily Show. If a part doesn’t exist on the people doing the studies and writing the medical books, they can make it seem as if it doesn’t exist at all

13 Likes