A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Yeah… and this is from New Hampshire, too. WTF. So much for blue New England… assholes. Just… fuck the whole fucking thing.

15 Likes

Related:
vx46pskwxb581

22 Likes

Angry Ufc GIF

14 Likes

NH had been a Republican state traditionally. But more moderate. It’s really been more of a swing state for the last 20 years.

Wondering if that’s because more people moved there from neighboring states with companies moving there.

13 Likes

I guess that’s true… still. WTF.

10 Likes

Someone should file a bill requiring men to get approval from their partners for prostate cancer treatment.

14 Likes

Or from their future partners. (@NukeML)

15 Likes

the daughter of a family friend and her husband, who were married with three kids, went to her ob/gyn to have her tubes tied. the doctor refused because she was "under 30 (29) and all their children were girls so they “might change their mind and want to try for a boy”.

oddly enough when he went to a urologist a week or so subsequently to get a vasectomy he had the procedure scheduled for two days later without any questions about his wife, her thoughts about the procedure, or how many children he had.

:crazy_face:

18 Likes

Of course, he is a fully realized human capable of making decisions about his own body. She is a woman. (/s)

16 Likes
14 Likes
13 Likes

What disturbs me is that there’s nothing here to address the problem of women who support the patriarchy. They are in positions of power at all levels of the government, corporations, schools, and religious institutions. They either believe that none of this will affect them, or that with enough money it doesn’t matter. They are raising and enabling the 86% mentioned above, and if they aren’t convinced to change we don’t have enough of a majority to get the other issues addressed. At this point, I don’t know what issue will motivate them to promote change.

ETA: I checked out a few polls from last year. Based on those results the main concerns for a majority of women voters - including conservatives - are as follows:

• increase affordable and accessible healthcare
  • improve paid sick and maternity leave policies
  • provide more flexible work options
  • promote economic growth

Schools continue to be a high priority but problematic topic, because of divisions over religious vs. secular, private vs. public, and struggles for control over curricula.

16 Likes

15 Likes
15 Likes

Any time MRAs say they will boycott marriage they do women a favor. And since most of them are already undesirable their being unavailable just saves everyone time and hassle.

12 Likes

Holy shit. The people quoted in that piece! There is something especially disturbing about the woman quoted. Wtf is wrong with her? I can understand the men who want to be able to rape their wives. They are rapists, they want to rape. But the woman?

“I strongly think that consent and willingness of sexual acts are ingrained within the act of marriage. If you will bring this rape law inside the marriage and the husband will be given punishment, then who will marry?” Barkha Trehan, a woman and president of Purush Aayog, told VICE World News.

Hopefuly it will become illegal for men to rape their wives in India. And fewer women will feel they must get married. I think India might need a whole lot more jails though

14 Likes

This was exactly the argument used to oppose marital rape laws in the US. And that was not very long ago. Again, it only holds if you view women as property to be “used” as the “owner” desires. :face_vomiting:

14 Likes

I rarely see commercials on TV, so a lot of this Green M&M story went right over my head until reading these:

@Mindysan33 's post in Odd Stuff

12 Likes

WTF?

14 Likes

IKR? This is me reading it:

Mad The Internet GIF by MOODMAN

17 Likes