A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

:eyes:

ETA:

https://twitter.com/benwritesthings/status/1521534920648232960?cxt=HHwWgMC4qd38yZ0qAAAA

18 Likes

Gaetz gets Beau’d. Love it.

14 Likes
16 Likes

Fox News host Ainsley Earhardt disagreed with co-host Brian Kilmeade on Thursday after he suggested that pregnant women should not be hired for jobs.

“This woman that’s in charge of it, Nina Jankowicz, who’s about eight and a half months pregnant so I’m not sure how you get a job and then you just can do a job for three months,” Kilmeade said. “I’m not faulting her but I don’t know why you would give someone a job that you think is so important.”

14 Likes

If Killmeade’s partner was 8 1/2 months pregnant- he should be fired.

Hey - I don’t make the rules.

14 Likes

Justice Alito relies on a 17th century English jurist who had two women executed for witchcraft and said it should be legal for husbands to rape their wives.

Fiddler On The Roof Broadway GIF by GREAT PERFORMANCES | PBS

16 Likes

It just never fucking ends…

16 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
madeline kahn flames GIF

17 Likes

23 Likes
26 Likes

… These laws are not about the ‘right to life’. They are about enshrining maximalist control over women as a core principle of conservative rule. They are about owning women. They are about women as things.

Here’s what it comes down to. In that same month in 2019, in Ohio, an eleven-year-old child was abducted, raped and made pregnant. Under the state’s new abortion laws, that child would have been forced to give birth. It’s easy to see, by any sane moral measure, how a regime that coerces a child to carry that pregnancy to full term and give birth is monstrous, heartless and immoral. And it’s just as clear that a state that threatens to kill or imprison that child unless she bears that pregnancy to full term and gives birth is morally equivalent to the rapist – taking away that little girl’s agency, declaring that her pain is unimportant, that she has no right to decide who has access to her body. …

22 Likes

Everyone knew he was violent, and something(??) caused his wife to become permanently bedridden a few years ago, but no alarms went off until he killed his daughter. Beating her was fine, he doesn’t think there’s anything wrong with that, but he hit her head and killed her, so he realizes that part was a mistake.

16 Likes

Isn’t that also an argument for bring back slavery? Or only land-owning men voting?

17 Likes

Sadly yes, and I tremble for the future of our country.

14 Likes

Along with all the rest of the Christofascist wet dreams. We cannot afford to lose 2022 or 2024, and even if we win, it’s not a given that we reverse this shit quickly. But it’s the only way we have a chance.

15 Likes

IOKIYAR ( part ∞ ):

11 Likes

Even for Fox, that’s fucked up.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Fox restricting women from making comments contradicting men on air, or getting rid of all the women in front of the camera. Viewers might want the network to practice what it preaches. :woman_shrugging:t4:

14 Likes
12 Likes

Not exactly misogyny, but putting here in relation to the whole reproductive rights theme:

Reading it brought up a LOT of thoughts. Mostly an icky feeling of “first world” families exploiting women living in poverty to rent their bodies. Median wage for Ukrainian women is under $4k/yr, cost of surrogate: $40-50k, salary paid to surrogate: $18k, which is a much higher percentage of the cost than in the US.
It was shocking how all over the place the laws are, even within the US.
It’s not something I’d thought of much before, and I’m glad people have options, but it seems weird hearing about the extent people will go to to have their own biological children while we in the US are now forcing women to gestate and deliver unwanted children with no plans for the care of those children…:pleading_face:

15 Likes