A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

But there was one major hitch. Due to an Iowa law, Polk County District Judge David M. Porter said he could not avoid requiring Pieper Lewis to pay $150,000 to the man’s family.

This week, supporters raised it for her — and then some.

A GoFundMe started by one of Lewis’s former teachers, Leland Schipper, topped $400,000 as of Thursday.

More than 10,000 donors contributed, mostly in small amounts, raising the sum within a matter of days of the teen’s Tuesday sentencing hearing.

“I am overjoyed with the prospect of removing this burden from Pieper,” Schipper wrote in an update on the site.

https://archive.ph/jwOCO

17 Likes
12 Likes

Oh, you fragile vessel, you. If only men protected you better you wouldn’t have such thoughts.

Handmaids Tale No GIF by Videoland

11 Likes

Speaking of dress codes and creepers: an adult male standing on a corner outside school grounds harassing kids, mostly girls, about how their clothes do not abide by the school dress code is super creepy. It doesn’t make it any less creepy that the man is a board member
I wish someone had called the cops.

15 Likes

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Law & Order

12 Likes

Hair Reaction GIF by Salon Line

12 Likes
14 Likes

JFC, why must we be seen as “fragile” in order to be treated with basic respect?
I’m sure most of those girls would be willing to forego the “honor and care” if we could just be left alone.

16 Likes

Because it’s a woman accepting her true nature is why!?! /s

Angry Star Trek GIF

12 Likes

14 Likes

Lilly Singh Boom GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

12 Likes
13 Likes

I forget what number we are up to now.

14 Likes
20 Likes
17 Likes

Dear Jared,

You will die alone, and you will deserve to.

12 Likes

one way polyamory

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

15 Likes

I’m guessing that’s just wishful thinking on his part, but since he’s a cop, he might be referencing potential sexual abuse and assault as part of his job.

12 Likes

tv land GIF by YoungerTV

11 Likes

The obvious reasons being comparison to other men in bed would cause any woman to leave him?

14 Likes