A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

What had she done? She’d been HELD AGAINST HER WILL and raped for 7 months. She was undoubtedly dealing with PTSD, and there is no indication she was getting appropriate therapeutic help for it, but that made her unreliable in checking in on a schedule with the victims services officials. So HER LAWYERS, in their infinite wisdom, insisted on incarcerating HER and had bond set at $500,000. She’s 20yo now, but this happened when she was 18. So that’s been her adult life so far.

18 Likes

Some states–the ones with the most egregious laws against abortion and rape victims–are more awful than others.

18 Likes

I think we have probably reached transcendental numbers by now. Seriously, incarcerating the victim? To enforce compliance? WTAF, man? Or to make sure women keep their mouths shut about being raped so’s not to inconvenience men?

10 Likes

She wasn’t being a perfectly compliant victim, so the lawyers representing her decided putting her in jail would guarantee she would be forcibly brought to trial and thus they could get a conviction for the rapist.

Which makes me wonder why they had it in for that particular rapist. I spent 5 years counseling rape victims through the system, and only had 3 cases go to trial, despite everything from confessions, being caught in the act, one perpetrator naming another, etc. The effort made to convict this one particular rapist is suspect.

13 Likes
10 Likes

Family Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

7 Likes

It seems they won´t give up without a fight.

6 Likes
9 Likes

Angry Drake And Josh GIF

18 Likes

“and girls comment that their boyfriends sent the video to them”

I think that somebody forgot to include the “ex.” Or at least I hope…

11 Likes

rage GIF

13 Likes

Part #something of a [probable] series.

My fellow U.S.ians, please remember to vote this November–and all other times as well.

13 Likes

I hope they have a good science department that can smack the stupid out of administration.

14 Likes
14 Likes

Fuck. Are we going to start having acid attacks next?

12 Likes

Women have to put up with this shit even in Antarctica.

13 Likes
14 Likes

This contains a mixture of misogyny and racism, but it’s sickening to see how fast this got funded after a high profile case and lawsuit:

15 Likes

Yet Watson, who’s not an assistant but a genius, has a male voice.
:roll_eyes:

14 Likes

They realized that the male ones didn’t know how to listen.

13 Likes