A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

"Authorities had a chance to stop Barto in 2000, when he appeared before the Pennsylvania Board of Medicine on administrative charges that he molested two young girls in the 1990s. But regulators threw out the case and allowed him to keep practicing medicine, saying the allegations were “incongruous to his reputation.”

Barto was a beloved pediatrician in Johnstown — and an elected school board member — with hundreds of supporters who flatly disbelieved he was a pedophile. Such was the community’s support that ribbons were distributed and worn at a high school football game as he fought the allegations in the 1990s. Brosig, who felt obligated to wear the ribbon as a member of the color guard, said it “burned a hole in my chest that entire night.”

I cannot express how enraged I am this morning.

15 Likes

Enraged along with you.

6 Likes
10 Likes
17 Likes

Wth… and how on earth could such a thing ever be devised, in the first place? their own misogyny, saudi culture issue, i dont own tha5, except for being human…i dont think if u put 50 ferrets in a room together typing on key boards and they were immortal even They would ever come up w such an evil idea

missy%20g

12 Likes

I was there for Roe v Wade decision…it was a great day. I had had several friends get pregnant in high school (late 60s). In those days, the entire family would be shamed, maybe shunned, certainly whispered about, snickering and “slut talk” abounding.
Either the girl was sent to a “unwed mothers home” run by nuns or old maids til birth. Mom could not hold or see the baby at all. These vulnerable girls were told constantly what whores they were, God agreed, they must spend their lives seeking redemption, sent home more broken. That was prevalent in Catholic, or in 2nd or 3rd gen immigrant families.
People were told the girl was in boarding school or visiting auntie 2000 miles away.

Affluent families of Protestant or Jewish creed might have a backroom connect in the city…or not.
Girls would try to self-abort, alone. Throw themselves down stairs or try a skewer-yes, so very desperate, alone. Boys rarely even knew or paid a price.
When I was 16, I took a bus to PP. Well, about 8 of us did. After exams and 2 sessions on BC and sex Ed with RNs and counselors, we got pills for $1/mo.
6yrs later, Roe came.
Now, toxic Evangelical patriarchal buttholes want an embryo the size of an apple seed to take precedence over a woman…home preg tests may not even test + til week 6…
I’m old and tired but fight, ladies, fight like hell. If this precedent is overturned, Sharia law in SA won’t seem too much worse than here (I live in Mississippi, so if they could, they’d put chastity belts on women.

30 Likes

sharia%20law%20is%20voting%20republican

28 Likes

In related news

Forget his dad, I’m more concerned about what the woman who he groomed feels about this.

11 Likes

https://abcnews.go.com/US/female-prosecutor-murdered-colleagues-worst-outcome-domestic-violence/story?id=61924494&cid=clicksource_4380645_null_headlines_hed

7 Likes

First homicide since 1986. I don’t even remember hearing about it, which may seem weird, but two of my cousins grew up in Beaver Dam and one was still in high school back then.

Domestic murder is another consequence of women not being listened to by patriarchal authority systems.

11 Likes

Imagine being shocked at the discovery that women have legs.

15 Likes
10 Likes

Late night post that I kinda sorta regret. See the history if you want to see what I wrote and now regret writing. A brain fart. Fnord.

1 Like

Um, right…

Right. Just had to drop in and inject some sexist fart smell into the ambience. Couldn’t leave well enough alone in a convo on misogyny.

So glad you took the time to stop by. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Yeah, it was a mess. Apologies for the late night post.

4 Likes

Trans misogyny in your schools? It’s more likely than you might think.

11 Likes

Sometimes I shouldn’t read articles like this. I’m having flashbacks to when I was attacked in Carlisle.

Don’t take the post down though, it’s important that people read it.

16 Likes

It’s true, though.

23 Likes

In response to Discovery Channel’s latest ad campaign (which is very bro-ish)

10 Likes