A thread of our own- misogyny

As someone who is more comfortable in dresses and skirts, I hate the thought that the Supreme Court will force me to wear pants for the rest of my time in the States.

10 Likes

On top of the controlling agenda SCOTUS has been following lately, I also hate that they are wasting time and taxpayer dollars on this, when there are other issues that need attention. :angry: Surely somewhere online there is a calculator that breaks down their salaries by the hour or the case. :thinking:

9 Likes

Well, sure, the real stuff is much more maddening…I was just being pissy for a moment about this one small idiocy.

5 Likes

On point

It’s not hard to guess why pundits are going after Jill and Gisele instead of Joe and John. Attacking someone who is ill or elderly simply because they are ill or elderly is beyond the pale in our culture (for now, at least), even for those pundits whose flexible morals usually find a way to drain-snake around any barricades of decency.

But by placing blame on the wives, these commentators get to spread harmful messages against the president and senator while having plausible deniability against charges of ableism. The commentators are not — heavens, no — throwing mud at these poor men. They are merely scolding the women who should know better. It’s ableism, with a little sexism, as a treat.

Archive version. https://archive.ph/5aeq2

11 Likes

“Hetal’s body was reportedly kept in cold storage until the ceremony was over,” the report noted. “Corporator of Bhavnagar city and leader of Maldhari Samaj, Laxmanbhai Rathore described the incident as very sad. He said even though the family was shocked by the death of their daughter, members of society convinced them to set an example and not send the bridegroom and his family empty-handed.”

16 Likes

Britney Spears What GIF

13 Likes

oy vey facepalm GIF

6 Likes

Awaiting the inevitable Mike and Ike backlash.

“Hey Mike, why are they picking on us?”

“I dunno Ike, nothing makes sense anymore!”

7 Likes

Season 2 Time GIF by American Gods

11 Likes
14 Likes
15 Likes
12 Likes
15 Likes

Wow… WTF?

A woman is to blame?

chris-rock-train-never-late

17 Likes

From the story and the comments at AV Club, people (and when I use people, I’m certain that they are men) are upset because there was infidelity in the Smiths’ marriage and it was the wife. They (and Chris Rock) are upset because the couple agreed to an interview and they believe the husband was humiliated by sitting next to the wife while she answered questions about her infidelity.

I mean, how many times has there been interviews and press conferences of famous men who cheated on their wives? How many times have they had their wives standing next to them as a sign of support?

Edited to change sigh to sign, although sigh could work, too.

Feminism GIF

17 Likes

Oh My God What GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Like it’s anyone’s business but the Smiths whatever happened in their marriage…

14 Likes

Sounds like he could use being slapped by JPS, too.

3 Likes

My turn to slap him!

12 Likes

He might could use another smack, honestly… from some women this time…

13 Likes

Yeah, he’s been getting dragged for his history of saying just that (and worse):

15 Likes