A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Can’t wait to hear his defense. No, that’s wrong. I really don’t want to hear anything from him or about him. Ever. Again.

16 Likes

More accurate: Physicists don’t like women.

Honestly I still recall both my TA offering to give me an easy a if I screwed him, being told I was “smart for a woman,” being told “there just aren’t many black people or women who are capable of this work… just look… I don’t see any do you?” This isn’t the sixties or something, I’m not that old. The list goes on. I wasn’t even a stem major. I got an art degree partially because intellectually complex sexism but lowkey open doors were more appealing despite the pink ghetto effect, since there’s always that “if anyone can make a living in the arts God bless that lucky fuck” reality of the situation. Hard to say women can’t make art when you’re looking at it.

Jokes on me I ended up working as a programmer where I found that even the business world didn’t approach the overt “no colored people no women allowed” mentality of the hard sciences in education. It’s just not… worth it. It’s not even that great of a career TBH… You can have an more enjoyable life and make a similar income as a hair stylist if you want to.

As soon as one realizes there is no motivation to “prove yourself” to a bunch of random assholes because they’re nothing special themselves, there’s literally no motivation to pursue this line of work. “Do you want to make less, work harder, and be hazed for your entire life? Nah? See? Only white men are capable of doing this job.” I swear half this society is just set up to keep white men from realizing how utterly average most of them really are.

29 Likes

dany-this

19 Likes

A million times, this!

@TornPaperNapkin: You’ve hit exactly upon why white men are so terrified of any societal movement toward equality.

13 Likes
3 Likes

Well hey, there’s that capital-A Art when like, Jackson Pollack basically pisses all over some giant canvas (while being promoted by the CIA), then there’s all that decorative art and feminist whining that women like to dabble in sometimes. Amirite?!

11 Likes

Bill Maher thinks he’s someone’s character reference on misogyny and sexual harassment?

Words…I have none.

10 Likes

Thanks- I didn’t know this history.

10 Likes

This book touches on that, as well as other cultural fields (including the funding of academics abroad):

The Cultural Cold War is the most interesting part of the Cold War…

12 Likes

We’re so pro-life we’re gonna kill people!

12 Likes

Yep! That’s where I read about it too. Great reporting, sad it didn’t ultimately get much traction.

6 Likes

I hearted your comment, but . . .

14 Likes

Incels again. Fucking hell.

18 Likes

Thread:

14 Likes
15 Likes

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/15/left-blinkered-claims-julian-assange-sexual-assault

15 Likes
4 Likes

Thread. It’s not just about elections:

8 Likes

Obviously we need to investigate any woman who claims rape, right? Because reasons!!

13 Likes

New York school bus driver will not go to prison after raping 14-year-old student

Video Credit: KHOU/CBS/WWNY-TV

No jail time for school bus driver who admitted to raping 14-year-old girl

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/no-jail-time-for-school-bus-driver-who-admitted-to-raping-14-year-old-girl/285-d3c7f9c7-422d-4727-93c9-edfede9ed664

13 Likes