A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

In other words they will switch sides and exterminate marginalised people rather than fight for them.

16 Likes

Never heard that term, but sadly familiar with the concept.

6 Likes

This is part of what it’s like to be a woman.

So many expectations for you, many of them contradictory. And no matter which choice you make, no matter what you do, there’s somebody telling you that you aren’t doing it right.

15 Likes

It takes a lot of courage to be yourself in this world.

11 Likes

And sometimes even to find yourself, under all those layers, and rules.

11 Likes
8 Likes
12 Likes

No such thing as Bernie Bros?

14 Likes

“ Meanwhile, Warren, steadily rising in the polls, was able to avoid attacking her rivals. She came in for some criticism for her sassy response to a question about how she would answer a theoretical homophobic voter who believed marriage was “between one man and one woman.” She said she’d tell him that he should feel free to “marry one woman” and added jokingly, “assuming you can find one.” As New York ’s Rebecca Traister noted, “Lots of people loved it. The clip went viral.” But some men weren’t so thrilled. The Washington Post , calling Warren’s quip “acerbic,” quoted Democratic strategist Hank Sheinkopf, who characterized it as “a battle cry for men to turn out against” her.”

Elsewhere:

“ “Bloomberg is extraordinarily smart,” says Hank Sheinkopf, a New York–based Democratic consultant. “He is very disciplined and very difficult to throw off track.”

One woman was up to the challenge. She persists.

16 Likes

What the hell? I mean, I think a lot of people probably think Warren should drop out now. Nothing wrong with that.

But “be quiet”?!? So Warren should drop out and not encourage Democrats to vote? Drop out and not say we need to beat Trump? Drop out and stop advocating for consumers and citizens in the senate? Christ almighty!

19 Likes

All this is lacking is “…and make me a sammich!”

11 Likes

Okay, as @KathyPartdeux points out this particular guy isn’t with Bernie. I was wrong in that. However, it still goes here as misogyny, and it’s the same type of thing that was being posted by Bernie supporters.

Which goes to the point that women get this from all sides in politics.

13 Likes
17 Likes
17 Likes

edited to add, because I’ve already got 2 in a row:

17 Likes

As I was saying:

16 Likes

How can these people be so fucking clueless about people and be in politics?

9 Likes

Because the voting population has been convinced that we don’t want someone with the skill set to succeed in politics, we want someone we could ‘have a beer with’.

14 Likes

Does Michelle Obama drink alcohol? She’d be my choice.

10 Likes
16 Likes