A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

9 Likes
10 Likes
15 Likes

The Federalist, meanwhile, hailed the judge’s life as a rebuke to feminist orthodoxy, an example of “how strong women submit to their husbands with joy.”

Lord, if this was ever said at my house, my wife would joyfully submit to taking my head!

14 Likes

I clicked on the bio of that Federalist writer. In addition to “How Strong Women Like Amy Coney Barrett Submit To Their Husbands With Joy”, his recent federalist articles include:
“If You’re Complaining About How Little Housework Your Husband Does, You’re Doing Marriage Wrong”
“We Need Christian Nationalism Because Religious Neutrality Has Failed”
and
“If You Want Men In Your Church, Stop Treating Them With Contempt”

Because we all know how the christian church has a horrible history of misandry and contempt toward men. FFS :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :confounded:

13 Likes

I have heard some Christians complain about the “feminization” of Christianity, how you can’t be a “real man” in the church anymore… Yeah, I think this is just the Streisand effect writ large.

12 Likes

That list sounds like side A of some shitty Christianist country pop band breakout album.

7 Likes

I suspect that Barrett has A LOT of help running her household. Either her husband pitches in or the older kids pitch in, or both. Barrett also has a career that allows her to take off time for parenting. Many families aren’t allowed that luxury. The fact that our Congresscritters don’t recognize this tells me that they are way out of touch with working class families.

12 Likes

Not to mention an income that would allow for hired help. I have no knowledge that they have any, just to be clear, but they would have options that the majority of us do not.

12 Likes

They also refuse to support for campaign finance reform or spending limits, making it much more difficult for members of the working class to be elected. When a few members of the working class are elected despite the monetary imbalance, those who have been entrenched for decades make it their mission to undermine them whenever possible. That’s how the wealthy keep their seats and the power that comes with them.

14 Likes

Apparently both. They keep joking how he’s a better cook.

Yep. But we knew that already.

11 Likes

And whenever a working class person is elected, they go on the attack about how they aren’t really working class.

15 Likes

Let’s see, is it women who are stupid, or DO’s who are stupid? Or maybe women DO’s? Methinks somebody at this scrub company which exists to sell scrubs to medical professionals, is about to experience this economic downturn up close and personal. And they say they are female founded… Just wow.

10 Likes

Imgur

12 Likes

Isn’t 45’s doctor a DO? :thinking:

9 Likes

Yes, yes he is. But that does not indict all DO’s. Some of the finest pediatricians I have known are DO’s.

11 Likes

Agreed, I saw one regularly for over a decade. I just thought that was a really bad thing to imply, especially since the blowback could come from that quarter, too.

8 Likes

Yup, so many categories of people to offend, no real gain to be had. Extremely poor marketing and whoever thought is up needs to seriously reevaluate their life choices.

8 Likes

From Sister Mary Ignatius Explains It All For You:

Student: “Was Jesus effeminate?”
Sister Mary Ignatius: Yes.

11 Likes

God I can’t watch one second of these hearings. I’m tempted to watch a video of Sheldon Whitehouse’s explanation of how monied interests are choosing supreme court picks, but even that I’m not sure I can stomach. No one who thinks it’s worth having these hearings now, in person, maskless, is qualified to stand in judgement of anything. Any person who should be on the court would have refused to go forward with this process.

16 Likes