A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Those ancient aliens theorists, always saying “yes” to everything. Why don’t they ever say “well, probably not”?

1 Like

11 Likes

It looks kinda small…I mean, it really is.

giphy(2)

10 Likes

These people who rail against discrimination against men. One of my kids loves “Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls” which is full of one page biographies of women who fought against horrible circumstances (sometimes personal, often system misogyny) to achieve things. You know, they went to prison for wearing pants, etc. When there’s a real societal barrier, we see people rise up and break that barrier and pave the way, even though it involves personal sacrifice.

I think Ontario has a single male midwife (last I heard there was a second one who was in training). There’s a man actually breaking barriers for men, you’d think anyone who was concerned about discrimination against men would be holding that man up as a hero. But somehow I doubt that male midwife thinks Joe Biden stole the election from Trump.

19 Likes

When women break barriers for other women, they are fighting against misogyny. When men break barriers for other men, they are also fighting against misogyny.

17 Likes

Yeah, exactly. The problem with these manosphere guys is that they think they are in a war of men vs. women when really they are in a war of oppression vs. not-oppression and they are on the oppression side.

19 Likes

WTH…

7 Likes

Weird ass coincidence; my kid was literally just asking about this song the other day, and before I found the original on YT I found that subpar cover.

O_o

8 Likes

Ugh, what’s next - a remake of India.Arie’s “Video?” We’ve been through enough this year.

10 Likes

>___<

Morbid curiosity got the better of me. I got through 40 seconds of this shit before saying no más. Dude can’t sing, can’t play an instrument, his harmonies are all wrong, and I’m not buying what he’s selling. At all.

8 Likes

The original is the remedy:

11 Likes

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/17/harvey-weinstein-sick-prison

10 Likes

Hopefully he’s as closely monitored as Epstein was

2 Likes

Nah - they learned from that fiasco. Natural causes.

5 Likes
6 Likes
14 Likes

“Conservative, Mansfield”. The writers are not even trying any more.

13 Likes

Ugh. Wadda twat.

10 Likes

13 Likes

Here’s an interesting opinion on womens’ clothing and mens’ arousal from a different viewpoint:

(I offered both the Twitter and ThreadReaderApp links for convenience, use whichever you prefer. :grin: )

17 Likes